Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Raith Rovers v Aberdeen - SC

glasgow sheep

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right optimism (albeit in a small degree) has returned after Tuesday night.

Does anyone know of any good central parking spots in Kirkcaldy? Where's people going for a sociable pint before the game?

Closest free parking to the ground will be in Beveridge Park car park, there are road signs for "football traffic" once you get into Kirkcaldy East or West. It is circa 10 mins walk from there down to the High Street where there are lots of pubs. Free parking is also available at the Railway Station, but I think it costs to park on the Esplanade which is nearer the pubs.

brilliant ;D

Closest free parking to the ground will be in Beveridge Park car park, there are road signs for "football traffic" once you get into Kirkcaldy East or West. It is circa 10 mins walk from there down to the High Street where there are lots of pubs. Free parking is also available at the Railway Station, but I think it costs to park on the Esplanade which is nearer the pubs.

not all of it, the end furthest away from the pubs is free

there is also the old B&Q car park on the coastal road into Kirkcaldy, only a couple of minutes away from Starks Park.

Raith have grounds for optimism in Dons cup tie

Published: 05/02/2010

RAITH Rovers manager John McGlynn believes Aberdeen’s cup problems and the nature of the Stark’s Park pitch offers his side hope of becoming the latest lower-league outfit to oust the Dons from a national competition.

Aberdeen have been the victims of cup surprises in the last four seasons, losing out to Queen’s Park, Queen of the South, Dunfermline and Dundee.

Raith now hope to inflict more misery in tomorrow’s Scottish Cup fifth-round tie, with the heavy surface at Kirkcaldy offering home grounds for optimism.

The park is sure to cut-up quickly and the Rovers manager hopes his First Division team can win the pitched battle.

He said: “Lower-league teams have beaten Aberdeen. There is a history there.

“The Scottish Cup quite often throws up these situations and you are looking for a shock, aren’t you? There is a potential banana skin here for Aberdeen.

“Our pitch is not in the greatest condition, which should help us as well. It’s a bit of a leveller and the skill level maybe just evens out.

“The pressure is on Aberdeen. They are the SPL club and the favourites.

“So I think we’ll relish the underdog role. We do rise to the occasion and the big atmosphere created by a sellout crowd should help our players also. We’ll be ready.â€

Raith, who famously lifted the League Cup in 1994, boast a number of former SPL players – among them Grant Murray, Stephen Simmons, Graham Weir and Allan Walker.

Former Hearts coach McGlynn knows that could be advantageous and added: “We have a lot of players with SPL experience and you need that in these games.

“The club has a great cup pedigree, but this is the first time in the last 12 years we have managed to get to this stage of the cup.

“This one has caught the imagination and the tickets have been selling well.â€

Quote fae Jagerdeen's post... Raith Rovers v Aberdeen Active Nation Scottish Cup 5th Round 3.00pm Stark's Park - Away End Sold Out

Mark McGhee quotes from RedTV

"The fans want to see a totally committed performance and the supporters will be demanding that, therefore the players have to try and produce it."

Correct. Not just this game though, I expect a totally commited performance EVERY game. ".. therefore the players will have to try and produce it"  ... try, just feckin try 100%!!

Games Played

Date Result Rnd Scorers Attendance

21st Jan 1928 Raith 4:3 Aberdeen 1st R Bruce 3 8,323

18th Jan 1930 Raith 3:3 Aberdeen 1st Love, Cheyne, Yorston 10,056

22nd Jan 1930 Aberdeen 7:0 Raith 1R McLaren,Cheyne, 13,191

Yorston3,McDermid,Smith

20th Jan 1934 Aberdeen 1:0 Raith 1st Moore 12,959

30th Mar 1963 Raith 2:1 Aberdeen Q/F Cummings 8,123

27th Jan 1968 Aberdeen1:1 Raith 1st Robb 10,700

31st Jan 1968 Raith 0:1 Aberdeen 1R OG 3,567

24th Jan 1981 Raith 1:2 Aberdeen 3rd Jarvie 2 10,342

16th Feb 1985 Raith 1:2 Aberdeen 4th McDougall 2 10,098

19th Feb 1994 Aberdeen 1:0 Raith 4th J Miller 13,741

From the 'fishul site:

No surfing flags will be allowed in the ground.

from P&B

We normally put our flag in the railway stand but at bigger games like the pars we unfurl it in south stand above fans heads.which is what were gonna do tomorrow but have now been advised not too by the club as the police have issues with this happening.Apparently because aberdeen have a group of fans who sometimes let off smoke canisters at games and the fact fife police know there will be dons fans beside raith fans they dont want us to do it now.There may be other reasons but havent been told them yet but we are gonna follow the advice.It doesnt half piss me off that we are pandering to away fans but like i said there may be another reason

I'm away to head off to the game now!  :thumbsup:

[move]COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................COYR!!!.........................................................[/move]

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras::penalty::bandwagon::beers::penalty::ultras: :ultras: :wanker::wino::ultras: :ultras: :ultras::violin::ultras:

From the 'fishul site:

from P&B

Anyone got the email address for John Morgan? Been looking for it since the hearts game since I was told he has written to all SPL teams asking them to disallow aberdeen fans flags and asking them to be confiscated if surfed. The supervisor at hearts couldnt remember the full details but I want to know what he has said to clubs.

If he has banned us having surfing flags as I was told by the Hearts safety guy (who was really apologetic):

1. What constitutes 'surfing'

2. If it merely means putting it over ones head, what size does this start at?

3. How the fuck can he write to all the SPL clubs but neglect to tell Aberdeen fans of his order? - its our property that is at risk!

Our flag cost us almost £500.

Im taking the flag today smiley-finger002.gif

19th Feb 1994 Aberdeen 1:0 Raith 4th J Miller 13,741

That was an absolute cracker of a goal from Jofis. Something similar today from any of our lot will suffice.

I'm nervous about this one, want it done and dusted today. Obviously a replay will be better than getting put out on our arses but with our home form the way it is...  :-\