Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Raith Rovers v Aberdeen - SC

glasgow sheep

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good save by Jamie Langfield near the end to keep us in the game at 1-0. Don't think he gets enough credit from some people on here. From what I hear he saves us more than he costs us.

To be fair, he's had a few howlers this season. Also said on the radio he dropped one that almost cost us today.

we had plenty of the ball and never really looked troubled except for the goal. All our woes come from our inability to attack directly. Countless times Kerr and McDonald collected the ball 30 yds out with 10 yds to run into and every time they stopped still and looked to play wide. No one has the balls to run into the box or have a go from distance. Seriously lacking an on field leader going forward.

p.s loved big zander flattening the goalie, 1st time in the game we weren't outmuscled.

reports elsewhere of infighting in the support and a small band of zoomers who started chanting for Jimmy Calderwood  ::)

There was a little bit of niggle in the support. Mostly just the tension of the way the game was going. Folk not happy with the performance and making it known and other taking offence. some of it was due to folk standing the entire game. Didn't hear any chants for JC.

There was a little bit of niggle in the support. Mostly just the tension of the way the game was going. Folk not happy with the performance and making it known and other taking offence. some of it was due to folk standing the entire game. Didn't hear any chants for JC.

Cool, can imagine it was pretty tense for the most part.  Never like to hear of that pish though.

Cool, can imagine it was pretty tense for the most part.  Never like to hear of that pish though.

There is often a fine line between a 'great' atmosphere and a hostile one. Today we saw both, the crowd was in good form early on but it was getting nasty as the game wore on. Its pretty fucking frustrating following the Dons, generally.

BBC are getting worse

Jim Paterson's up and under did end up in the net after 90 minutes, but referee Willie Collum correctly ruled it out for shoving on McGurn.

I recall this was when Diamond flattened the goalie after he tipped it over the bar and the ref gave a corner.

Do they even bother to send reporters to the game these days?

Some of the chanting for calderwood came from the guys behind us and the chants werent for calderwood per say. they were more along the 'we spent a lot of money to get this cunt in and hes no better if not worse than the last lot'.

Which at the risk of being declared short sighted I can sympathise with.

I trust old mark has noted the fans response to him pulling kerr

There is often a fine line between a 'great' atmosphere and a hostile one. Today we saw both, the crowd was in good form early on but it was getting nasty as the game wore on. Its pretty fucking frustrating following the Dons, generally.

No offence ajja, but i have noticed...

Some of the chanting for calderwood came from the guys behind us and the chants werent for calderwood per say.they were more along the 'we spent a lot of money to get this cunt in and hes no better if not worse than the last lot'.

Which at the risk of being declared short sighted I can sympathise with.

I trust old mark has noted the fans response to him pulling kerr

Any, and I mean any, chant for Calderwood is fucking spasticated.  If people want to support Jimmy Calderwood then they can fuck off and support Kilmarnock.  If that's what people crave, then they're off their fucking heads basically especially considering what competition we were competing in today.  If the chants weren't for Calderwood per say (sic) then why weren't the chants directed towards the board? All it does is undermine Mark McGhee and the playing staff. Is that the idea of it? Surely not?

I guess we just have to deal with this transition from euro qualifiers to bottom six mediocrity.

Yawn.

For someone who claims he's behind Mark McGhee you don't half make a lot of statements that undermine that.

Today was terrible. Heartless and gutless. Second to every ball, the team only seemed to realise they were in the midst of a football game once Zander came on. Pray god he is made captain for the rest of the season.

I celebrated like mad when we got the equaliser but, on retrospect, I feel a bit dirty about that. We (the team AND the support) deserved precisely fuck all.

No offence fj, but i agree with Bb, just becomes a bit tiresome. If true, its a shame that some of the support chose to be so moronic. I mean, what do they feel they are going to achieve by doing so? We all know that things aren't going the way we want them to, but chanting the name of an ex manager? Ffs. Whats the point. It undermines the whole club.