Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Raith Rovers v Aberdeen - SC

glasgow sheep

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought we lacked any sort of fight until Zander came on yesterday, but the game was poor to be honest. Neither team really created anything and here was very little football on show. to me the biggest disappointment was the teams complete lack of ability to try anything other than punt the ball up the park to our forwards who won hee-haw in the air all game. i know that the state of the pitch meant we may struggle to play our silky passing game but surely better trying than just a hopeless punt!

i think thats what frustrated me the most, surely the players must realise that the long ball just wasn't working and maybe they should try actually playing football? our central midfield was constantly bypassed, meaning that even if they had the ability or the desire to influence the game, they couldn't anyway. i lost count of the times McDonald and Kerr lost out on 50/50 balls and thought they lacked any sort of tackling ability.

tbh i never thought either team actually looked like scoring at any point, their goal was more of a lucky strike than anything else (99 time out of 100 he'd only hit the corner flag) and our goal was just fuckin lucky!

i must admit to being one of the fans chanting 'your not fit to wear the shirt' at the end, and in hindsight it was maybe a bit ott. we maybe need to get behind the team a bit more, but after watching that so called football match thants easier said than done

we are crying out for a central midfielder tho, someone with a bit of bite and can actually try and influence the game.  :(

I know, seen a few that I recognised doing it, one of those got told to shut his mouth by the afore mentioned gentleman who then told him to shut his weegie gob. By this point i'd given up correcting him and just let the two carry on a stare out contest through me, no mean achievement these days  :-*

Weegies might be used to drinking heavily but i'm not used to so many weegie accents which was more my point, one weegie in the lengthy pie queue never even stopped for breath whilst moaning about how the football had ruined his day out  ;D

i feel quite similar. apart from the equaliser the football was just an unfortunate blip in a good day out.

was a great moment and celebration when we equalised but i had no idea whether to be happy/relieved/furious at full time.

nothing left for it but to get absolutely off my tits.

Firstly, the game:

Thought we played ok for spells in the match, but lacked any real threat at any point. Don’t particularly think they played that well, they had their tactics spot on though, their goal was so against the run of play it was unreal, very well taken goal though. Langfield was pretty reliable, had no chance at the goal though.

Our defence was fucking terrible, Mulgrew looked reasonable assured, however the defence he was playing with were so bad I’d have looked like a half decent player if I had been in his shoes. Ifil is just a goal waiting to happen every time he is near the ball, he should just fuck off. I wasn’t even slightly impressed by Paterson, fair enough he’s not really played all season so being a bit off the pace is understandable, but he looked awful, I’ll reserve judgement on his for a few games yet. Foster was ok, but the pitch seemed to stop him from pushing forward like he wanted to, he gets pass marks for that, plus he actually looked like he gave a fuck, which made a nice change compared to the rest of the team.

Our midfield was a disgrace, Kerr shouldn’t be playing for us at all, let alone captain. Hopefully he continues to be dropped after getting hooked yesterday, I think the booing summed up the supports thoughts about him, although Mackie being taken off was met with the same reaction, but with the opposite meaning. McDonald was invisible AGAIN, I really wished it’d been somebody else who got our equaliser, as nobody was less deserving of it than him. Young seemed to have a bit of fight about him, but not up to the standards he’s been setting himself in the last few games.

MacLean had a few decent touches which showed he might be a half decent player, but with fuck all service all afternoon I’m not sure what more he could have done? He should have came off, not Mackie late on. Mackie looked really good getting about the place, if he’d had more support upfront he maybe could have created something. Yesterday, the pitch was ideal for a long game up to Miller, but naturally that happens just as soon as we sell him :-\

Paton looked rather good to me, so hopefully a few more games for him and he can get a few more goals like his one at Ibrox at the tail end of last season. As for the subs, Aluko and Pawlett should have came on earlier, and when with 5 mins to go, 1-0 down to a 1st division team McGhee chose to take on a centre half I was livid, thankfully it all worked out in the end.

As for the some of the utter shite in this thread:

Fatjims constant references to the whole JIG/MMG thing, who really cares? Its mostly mildly amusing, does anybody actually take it seriously? Although I do think he needs to find some new material sometime soon.

As for jager? Have you considered the possibility of growing the fuck up a little? I’m not McGhee’s biggest fan, not by a long shot. But while he’s in charge he gets my full support, undermining him will do absolutely nothing for anybody.

I agree with ajja as every thread seems to go round and round and round and comes to the same conclusion. It’s just the whole ‘long term’ view, I can’t really see the wood from the trees here, what is the long term view? New stadium that we can’t afford? Debts we cant pay? A useless starting XI, with no money for replacements? An inept manager? A board with absolutely no vision, and even less common sense? The only bright prospect being a few half-decent young players coming through the ranks. I’m all for patience, but with what?

All this talk of the fans turning on eachother etc. Of course when you pick a random group of 3,500 people who have only 1 thing in common and fill them with alcohol all day, of course you end up with some arseholes. I didn’t see any of this in-fighting, or chanting of “Oh Jimmy Jimmyâ€, I’m not denying it happened though, but a lot of the abuse being thrown out was deserved imho.

Now with Hibs and Celtic coming up, we really have no chance in either of these games, which means it’s likely we’ll go into the replay having had 5 utterly shite result in a row. Should be interesting…

I thought there were section of play where McLean looked like an intelligent player but he was not coping with the close attention. He seems to want more space to play and against teams like Raith or Falkirk he won't get it. We may see something more from him against Hibs and Celtic. I actually think we might do better in these games as they will come out and play us. When Hearts did that we destroyed them, admittedly they came at us with nothing.

Of course it does.  ::)  Good on ye, acting like a school kid definitely suits you.

Jesus, sorry, didn't realise a pre-requisite of posting on an internet forum was posting in a completely adult manner. Get a thicker skin BB, jesus, I expected a bit more from you. It is pretty obvious what/who FJ is getting at and if that alone irks you . . . . Jesus!

I agree with ajja as every thread seems to go round and round and round and comes to the same conclusion. It’s just the whole ‘long term’ view, I can’t really see the wood from the trees here, what is the long term view? New stadium that we can’t afford? Debts we cant pay? A useless starting XI, with no money for replacements? An inept manager? A board with absolutely no vision, and even less common sense? The only bright prospect being a few half-decent young players coming through the ranks. I’m all for patience, but with what?

Well said dave_min, very well said.  :thumbsup:

Jesus, sorry, didn't realise a pre-requisite of posting on an internet forum was posting in a completely adult manner. Get a thicker skin BB, jesus, I expected a bit more from you. It is pretty obvious what/who FJ is getting at and if that alone irks you . . . . Jesus!

You've got nothing to apologise for.

I know fine well who he's getting at, but he's been getting at them for months and months now. It's been said. We get it, we really do. 

All this talk of the fans turning on eachother etc. Of course when you pick a random group of 3,500 people who have only 1 thing in common and fill them with alcohol all day, of course you end up with some arseholes. I didn’t see any of this in-fighting, or chanting of “Oh Jimmy Jimmyâ€, I’m not denying it happened though, but a lot of the abuse being thrown out was deserved imho.

Fair enough, it may be deserved when throwing about out on the internet, yet it there's absolutely no excuse for it during a football game. Childish. Following AFC, not Jimmy Calderwood. Regardless of it, Calderwood is past, McGhee is manager now.                             

Excellent post otherwise! 

Now with Hibs and Celtic coming up, we really have no chance in either of these games, which means it’s likely we’ll go into the replay having had 5 utterly shite result in a row. Should be interesting…

Taking it a game at a time, why have we got no chance of beating Hibs? We were unfortunate to lose 2-0 to them at Easter Road when we played with 9 men for over half an hour and whilst they are getting good results they are far from unbeatable.

Feel that Celtic is a lot stiffer challenge, they make loads of chances and someone's going to take a pummelling from them soon.

I thought there were section of play where McLean looked like an intelligent player but he was not coping with the close attention. He seems to want more space to play and against teams like Raith or Falkirk he won't get it. We may see something more from him against Hibs and Celtic. I actually think we might do better in these games as they will come out and play us. When Hearts did that we destroyed them, admittedly they came at us with nothing.

I agree totally, more so come Wednesday night, its why I am dreading the replay also however as Raith will sat back and that's where we struggle.

Taking it a game at a time, why have we got no chance of beating Hibs? We were unfortunate to lose 2-0 to them at Easter Road when we played with 9 men for over half an hour and whilst they are getting good results they are far from unbeatable.

Feel that Celtic is a lot stiffer challenge, they make loads of chances and someone's going to take a pummelling from them soon.

I'm not saying we've no chance of beating hibs, but acording to the hibs fan i work with they have been transformed of late, everything seems to be clicking and without a shadow of a doubt they have the players to do serious damage to us should they turn up.

And in my opinion in the form we're in just now there's not a team in this league that wont be a test for us.