Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Raith Rovers v Aberdeen - SC

glasgow sheep

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually superior coverage to that on the BBC site I thought.

My mate is a Falkirk fan and he was able to watch Aberdeen - Falkirk via a proxy live on the official Falkirk site he was telling me that all their games are live on their official site to foreign subscribers.

To go back to the game for a minute - I spent almost the entire 90 minutes thinking what crap football I was watching

I can think of a million things I would rather be doing than watching the dons play like that it is starting to remind me too much of supporting them under Paterson  :

To go back to the game for a minute - I spent almost the entire 90 minutes thinking what crap football I was watching

I can think of a million things I would rather be doing than watching the dons play like that it is starting to remind me too much of supporting them under Paterson  :

+1 Hebrew

Raith played nae bad  ;), definitely in effort and passion. Seriously though we did have some short bursts of good play... Scotsport played them all!

For financial reasons I haven't got to as many games this season as I'd have liked to, but Saturday definitely didn't inspire me to pay £74 for a game at Pittodrie, excluding any food or drink. [£22 ticket, £10 (return) taxi's to nearest train station and £42 return to Aberdeen for train]

I agree that there many things I'd rather be doing than watch the Dons play like that, remember miserable home gubbings by Livvy (and their fecking drum!) under Paterson , but have to ask, can I have the you and your other halves version of kama sutra as nae getting near a million things to do!  :thumbsup:

+1 Hebrew

Raith played nae bad  ;), definitely in effort and passion. Seriously though we did have some short bursts of good play... Scotsport played them all!

For financial reasons I haven't got to as many games this season as I'd have liked to, but Saturday definitely didn't inspire me to pay £74 for a game at Pittodrie, excluding any food or drink. [£22 ticket, £10 (return) taxi's to nearest train station and £42 return to Aberdeen for train]

I agree that there many things I'd rather be doing than watch the Dons play like that, remember miserable home gubbings by Livvy (and their fecking drum!) under Paterson , but have to ask, can I have the you and your other halves version of kama sutra as nae getting near a million things to do!  :thumbsup:

:lolabove:

ONLY good thing about Saturday is that we are still in the cup! Although last years result against Dunfermline highlights that just because we took it back to Pittodrie, doesn't mean that we are automatically going through to the next round. I would be very suprised if Raith don't set out to defend with every player behind the ball to frustrate the team and the crowd and hopefully get something on the break. If they go with these tactics, then I'm not confident whatsoever in breaking Raith down.

ONLY good thing about Saturday is that we are still in the cup! Although last years result against Dunfermline highlights that just because we took it back to Pittodrie, doesn't mean that we are automatically going through to the next round. I would be very suprised if Raith don't set out to defend with every player behind the ball to frustrate the team and the crowd and hopefully get something on the break. If they go with these tactics, then I'm not confident whatsoever in breaking Raith down.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that is exactly what will happen. And even if they manage to take us all the way to penalties, I have absolutely no confidence in us being better than them from the spot.

Hopefully there is a level, neatly trimmed playing surface for them to play on as well. The ploughed field that was Starks Park certainly helped the agricultiral brand of football on display from Raith and Ifil.

EDIT: When is the draw for the next round ?

It is fated that IF we get through this, then we're going to Rugby Park in the next round

Screw that! Should we get through I want a trip to Dingwall  :thumbsup:

I would love a trip to Dingwall but agree its fated we'd go to Rugby Park.

Who are you trying to kid Ally S, a trip to Rugby Park in the Scottish Cup would be outstanding ;) Would love to see us fill the end down there for a big match as our crowd at Rugby Park is usually poor.

I would love a trip to Dingwall but agree its fated we'd go to Rugby Park.

Who are you trying to kid Ally S, a trip to Rugby Park in the Scottish Cup would be outstanding ;) Would love to see us fill the end down there for a big match as our crowd at Rugby Park is usually poor.

What makes you think a scottish cup quarter final down there would make any difference to the attendance?