Major Restructuring in the Pipeline for SPL

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All public transport is free in the fatherland.

You mean its paid for in their taxes. Could be the same in this country except for the 'I dont use public transport so why the fuck should I pay for it' mentality.

Anyway has the 11-1 voting system been punted yet?

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20036930

I cant be the only one who is wondering why the non OF clubs havent just said ' right theres 11 of us and 1 of them so thats enough to change the voting structure cockwomble. Get it sorted now.

It actually distresses me at BBC rumours that there are at least 3 clubs who dont want it changed (If true my money is on Kilmarnock, Celtic & St Mirren).

This quote from the Big Bang Theory keeps coming about when I think of Cockwomble at these meetings

Sheldon: Point of order. I move that any vote on team names must be unanimous. No man should be forced to emblazon his chest with a Bengal

tiger when common sense dictates it should be an army ant.

Leonard: Will the gentleman of the great state of denial yield for a question?

Sheldon: I will yield.

Leonard: After we go through the exercise of an annoying series of votes, all of which the gentleman will lose, does he then intend to threaten to

quit if he does not get his way?

Sheldon: He does!

Leonard: I move we are the Army Ants

:hammer:

wtf the fuck (caution from the Daily Retard)

IT is understood Aberdeen joined Celtic in opposing the move which would see the current 11-1 majority needed for major decisions change to a new 9-3 voting system.

A motion was put forward at yesterday’s SPL board meeting to ditch the current 11-1 majority needed for major decisions with some clubs keen to see a new 9-3 voting system introduced on all issues.

But hopes that the changes could be in place by next month hit the buffers at yesterday’s meeting inside Hampden and Record Sport understands that Aberdeen opposed the move.

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “On voting reform, it was agreed that the members’ resolution would be deferred and considered again on November 19.

“There’s a perception the voting regime is 11-1 but very few matters are 11-1. The vast majority are 8-4, some are 10-2 and a few are 11-1.

“The motion put forward would make everything 9-3 but there will be further debate. It requires an 11-1 vote to get that through.”

And on the issue of possible league reconstruction, Doncaster added: “There remains a real appetite for reconstruction of the leagues and talks are ongoing.”

And he also reiterated the SPL is coping well after the demise of Rangers.

He said: “Crowds have held up well and commercial income is holding up well.”

the thing is though its not just the huns, we need to start taking power away from celtic.  A change in the way tv money is distributed could go a long way to levelling the playing a field a bit...... you so other teams would have a fighting chance at a title shot

Anyone consider that it was rejected purely because its not the right change?

As the article states, not all decisions require an 11-1 vote, maybe they're trying to get a fairer system than a blanket 9-3 majority.

This is what my usually reliable "has connections" source telt me when I emailed asking "WTF?" The Ayrshire/govan mafia angle is apparently not the "main" reason.

Aberdeen prefer a 10-2 system. Basically Old Firm + 1. There have been many issues which are decided on the 9-3 vote that we have sided with the Old Firm but still been overruled on by the rest of the clubs. One of these was us voting against the last Setanta deal which ended in disaster.

the thing is though its not just the huns, we need to start taking power away from celtic.  A change in the way tv money is distributed could go a long way to levelling the playing a field a bit...... you so other teams would have a fighting chance at a title shot

tbh we need to get power away from the spl clubs in general (including afc), preferably by dissolving the rotten excuse for a league.

Fair point GS, i would just like to see clubs look at the bigger picture and try to make changes that will lead to a stronger overall league.  Once upon a time Scottish clubs and players were respected in Europe, i think that's what we should be aiming for.

fuck the voting system. let's just ask turnbull hutton to decide whatever needs decided.

I do fully agree with GS, scrap the SPL entirely, but at the very least stop the SPL clubs dictating to the rest of Scotland. I'd also give the amateur clubs a vote in how the 'professional' leagues operate, probably by having an appointed a single representative to sit as an equal to the league club chairmen.

Spot on...just had this very argument today with a tattie muncher criticising me for laughing at the manner of their defeat last night. Told him I'd support Scottish (??) teams in Europe like the Tic once we all batted off the same wicket, and whilst injustices like the division of TV money remained they could go fuck themselves.

He genuinely finds it hard to comprehend that without the other eleven clubs in the league that they wouldn't get a penny themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Lifted fae mad

BBC Scotland has details of SFL proposal of 16 team top tier, 10 team 2nd tier and 18 team 3rd tier to include Celtic & Rangers colt teams.  They will be discussing this story on Sportsound tonight 18:20 Radio Scotland.

First thoughts

"colt" teams is a complete non-starter (even ignoring the fact the huns 1st team is in the 4th tier at present).  At time when teams are cutting back, and Lennon is complaining about too many games while having the biggest squad in the land they want to add in another team into the equation.

Further patronising bullshit that will be sold as being a cash boost to the lower leagues as all anyone wants to see if wee pricks in blue and/or green and white shirts.

16 team top league may work with a 10 team league below that but need more detail on how they will make up for the loss of 4 home games.

Seems to suggest the spl will be abolished, some has some good ideas at least.

edit to add link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20302632 aiming to be in place for 2015/16