Major Restructuring in the Pipeline for SPL

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do we take it from these tweets that the SFA are not board with these proposals, and it is being spearheaded by the SPL?  If so, I'll take back what I've been saying in other threads about the SFA involvement.  Although its not clear whether a "senior Hampden source" is somebody in the SFA or not.

Same, but I don't see how the chat about having only one governing body for Scottish football could possibly not include them though.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i was of the opinion that if they let newco back in then i would no longer attend SPL games but this is every bit as bad, if not worse as they are actively looking to change the whole set up of Scottish football to accommodate the cheating, law breaking fuckers! lets no forget that they cheated and broke the law, they have no-one to blame but themselves. if this goes ahead then i'll not be going any more, fuck them i'll find something else to spend my money on

Sent my ST back to Aberdeen today  :-[  actually for the first time ever so angry with this whole issue i want to cry..  lol was thinking of something to say there... not going back to football after this.

Nothings been agreed yet. Tad premature dont you think?

You gonna ask for it back if Ibrox organisation is consigned to the history books?

like i said, i really do believe football here in this country is fucked up now

too many corrupt people. Whats to say huns go down to the 3rd division its the same club that ripped off the tax payers for 70-100 million quid and are hiding behind liquidation now the farce of yesterday has turned a lot of fans away now.

If the bullshit that was released yesterday happens the fair enough, most of us will walk, but your actions seems more than a bit premature when there seems next to no chance of these proposals getting the support they need and especially when afc were the first to publicly state their opposition to them.

Sent my ST back to Aberdeen today  :-[  actually for the first time ever so angry with this whole issue i want to cry..  lol was thinking of something to say there... not going back to football after this.

seriously dude, drink a pint of concrete and man the fuck up

If the bullshit that was released yesterday happens the fair enough, most of us will walk, but your actions seems more than a bit premature when there seems next to no chance of these proposals getting the support they need and especially when afc were the first to publicly state their opposition to them.

I can understand bearsdens frustrations, but definitely this.

Abject failure of leadership.

Posted on 30 June, 2012 by Paul67

After they hatched their plan to blackmail Scottish Football League clubs into voting Newco into the First Division, Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster and David Longmuir might have paused to wonder what reaction they would receive.

You better believe they didn’t anticipate the reaction today from Clyde and Raith Rovers.  Rovers chairman, Turnbull Hutton, told BBC Scotland’s Jim Spence, “If we are at the stage of bending rules and accommodating, threatening and blackmailing, we want to give it up.”

“Bending rules… threatening… blackmailing…we want to give it up”.

Hutton went on to suggest heads should roll at the SFL, SFA and SPL.  He’s the first from within the football establishment to call for sackings but he’ll not be the last.

An extensive statement by Clyde FC concluded, “The papers include a proposal to allow a Newco to enter the 1st Division. This is contrary to the rules of the SFL and nothing within the papers justifies this proposal.”

Regan, Doncaster and Longmuir will now be contemplating that their bully-boy tactics will fail. SLF clubs will vote against their recommendations and SPL clubs will not stop promotion from the lower leagues based on merit.  It looks like abject failure of leadership.

share on F'book or Twitter

New Documents been published on the Berwick Rangers website regarding the structure of any restructured of the leagues.  Seems to change very little other than give even more power to the corrupt and contemptible spl and seems not to address any of the issues regarding fairness and democracy in Scottish Football far less the pandering to Rantic.

I trust the SFL will tell the SPL to go fuck themselves:

http://www.berwickrangers.org/sfl-newco-proposals/

Main features:

* SPL is renamed SPFL, and SFL wound-up

* 12 clubs in SPFL Premier hold 'A' shares; 30 clubs in SPFL Championship, League One, League Two hold 'B' shares

* Qualified Resolutions require 11-1 majority of A shares, where affecting them; and 3/4 of B shares, where affecting them

* otherwise 8-4 majority of A shares; 2/3 majority of B shares

* Main Board comprises Chairman, CEO, 3 Premier reps, 2 lower-level reps, 2 independent directors

* Chairman + 1 independent appointed by Premier clubs; 1 independent appointed by other clubs

* Operational Board One deals with Premier + Championship... Chairman, CEO, 2 Premier reps, 1 Championship rep

* Operational Board Two deals with League One + League Two... Chairman, CEO, 2 League One reps, 1 League Two rep

Cockwomble and Regan?

Surely if they have acted without the permission of the clubs they are supposed to represent then they can be removed so why would they release a statement like that without permission from the clubs?

Surely if they have acted without the permission of the clubs they are supposed to represent then they can be removed so why would they release a statement like that without permission from the clubs?

Well afc, motherwell and others have denied any knowledge of any of the proposals till they came out in the press this week.

The Raith Chairmen also stated that they (and we) had been lied to by the "SFA and SPL"

Restructuring is required but not like this and I have no faith in the current governing bodies to perform this whatsoever. Surely a vote of no confidence in Neil Doncaster must be on the agenda for the meeting of SPL clubs this week?

Do our chairmen have the minerals to speak out against these proposals like the SFL chairmen? Or are they happy to continue into oblivion with this cuntsock at the helm?

Christ. Really shouldn't have put on this Radio Scotland "special" with Traynor on it. Blames the SPL clubs for "dumping this on the SFL" when infact the SPL haven't actually voted yet, and even when they do they aren't doing anything else than denying them entry into the SPL. The only people to put this to the SFL are Regan and Doncaster.

He then goes on to defend Doncaster.  :hammer:

Christ. Really shouldn't have put on this Radio Scotland "special" with Traynor on it. Blames the SPL clubs for "dumping this on the SFL" when infact the SPL haven't actually voted yet, and even when they do they aren't doing anything else than denying them entry into the SPL. The only people to put this to the SFL are Regan and Doncaster.

He then goes on to defend Doncaster.  :hammer:

How many shares does he have in Rangers????

I've been so fixed on No to Newco in the SPL and on getting them sent to the 3rd at best I've missed what perhaps was an obvious point.

Allowing them into the First Division is the worst of all possible scenarios.  The only reason for putting them in the First is to ensure they end up in the SPL the following season via either promotion or league reconstruction.  This blatant gerrymandering and league fixing is actually more abhorrent than simply letting them into the SPL and insisting on several sanctions, including signing ban, football debts and promising to say 10 hail marys before bed time.  There is absolutely no merit what so ever in the First Div option, it doesn't even make it look like they have been suitably "punished".  It actually makes the league even more pathetic and embarrassing than just carrying on as if nothing much has happened.

I see now where Turnbull Hutton was coming from.  The SPL are an even bigger bag of shitesters than I realised.  SPL have some balls and either admit them to the SPL or allow the SFL to admit them(if they wish) to the 3rd.  1st Div just abdicates any responsibility what so ever.

Was just having an online conversation with my brother who thinks I don't know what's going on cos I'm not in Scotland  ::)) and something cropped up.

We REALLY don't need SKY or the bigots to succeed do we?

Cyprus, yeah that footballing giant, had a teamin the CL this season very successfully did they not?

Do they have a SKY deal (or equivalent)

DO they have the infirm?

Do they have a cockwomble and a corrupt management structure?

I'm guessing "no" to all the above, so there's yer answer Traynor, cockwomble, Longmuir et al the cunts, we dinna need the weegie bias and their sickening scum teams.