Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Lee Miller

McMaster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ally s

I can't remember anyone labelling him (other than supporters) our main goal scoring threat.

He scored with a header on the last game of the season 07/08 v Rangers. We won that game 2-0 helping to prevent the Huns winning the league.  There's ONE example.

I can't remember anyone labelling him (other than supporters) our main goal scoring threat.

He scored with a header on the last game of the season 07/08 v Rangers. We won that game 2-0 helping to prevent the Huns winning the league.  There's ONE example.

I never said anyone labelled him that, he just was supposed to be that. He regularly played up there alone or was the main-stay there whilst the other strikers were rotated in and out the squad next to him.

1 header, any more?

Guest ally s

I never said anyone labelled him that, he just was supposed to be that. He regularly played up there alone or was the main-stay there whilst the other strikers were rotated in and out the squad next to him.

1 header, any more?

Says who?

You asked for one header and I gave you one.

Miller ran like he was neck-high in a bowl of treacle and as our main goal scoring threat, he was awful. Apparently, and I've heard this time and time again; "he's a great target man who is always winning things in the air".

I'm struggling to think of one header he scored from a corner, free kick or cross?

Anyone?

Threat in the sense he could score or provide something for someone else. His scoring record wasn't very good but name me anyone in a red jersey who can claim that in fuck knows how many years, he was a good player for us.

1 header, any more?

his 2nd in the 2-1 win over killie at the end of 08 or beginning of 09 was a peach of a header.

Miller's a good player but has an attitude problem.  The best we saw of him was just after brewster left and he had something to prove, if he had the same commitment and work rate of brewster he would be a hell of a player.  He doesn't though and I was fed up with him at the end of his time here. 

i'm wondering if attitudes to him have changed due to the horrific 2nd half of last season (after he left).

Yes, on his day, he was a good player.

On his day Mackie/Duff/Young/Ifil are good players.

we need players who show commitment, attitude and desire and are in possesion of footballing ability. Not someone who occasionally plays well but more often than not spends most of his time tripping over grass/the ball/his shoelaces/nothing?

he's in the past, let him stay there

I know that both Celtic and Rangers thought he was our biggest threat, after the departure/injuries to Smith. Not necessarily that he himself would score but that he was the focal point of our attacks.

Aye, Smith was brought up earlier on about the usual coming back to Aberdeen.  I take it that idea was quashed?

By the way this isnt meant to be a 'Bring back . . . .'  thread, just interested if we turned him down.

Long rumoured as a target for the Huns.

Paper talk or possible move in the offing.

Source is today's Retard.

Middlesbrough last night stepped up their efforts to land Rangers star Kevin Thomson by throwing in ex-Aberdeen striker Lee Miller as a makeweight in a £2.7million deal.

Boro boss Gordon Strachan has deemed Miller surplus to requirements after the arrival of Kris Boyd from Ibrox and is now trying to punt 27-year-old Miller in the opposite direction.

Rangers are reluctant to sell Thomson but with the former Hibs midfielder entering the last year of his contract they may be tempted to do business if Strachan ups his offer for the 25-year-old.

Ibrox gaffer Walter Smith is on the look-out for a striker in the wake of Boyd's departure but it is unclear if Scotland hitman Miller fits the bill.

Meanwhile, Smith admits he is being priced out of the transfer market as he struggles to sign new stars on a limited budget.

Gers have not bought a player since August 2008 and Smith said: "Market forces are against us right now and that is happening a lot. We have a small group of players and we need to bring new ones in.

"But when we are looking around it's difficult to achieve the balance of getting the level of player you want given the level of finance available.

"So that is the task facing us and we'll obviously try to bring in the best we possibly can."

New signings are imperative after Boyd joined Nacho Novo, DaMarcus Beasley and Stevie Smith in leaving the club over the summer.

Miller ran like he was neck-high in a bowl of treacle and as our main goal scoring threat, he was awful. Apparently, and I've heard this time and time again; "he's a great target man who is always winning things in the air".

I'm struggling to think of one header he scored from a corner, free kick or cross?

Anyone?

I agree to an extent. I was going to mention the header against Rangers but someone already did. I can't think of any others off the top of my head. He definately should have been better in the air for a man of his size. He spent more time falling fucking over than whole-heartedly trying to win headers.

Long rumoured as a target for the Huns.

Paper talk or possible move in the offing.

Source is today's Retard.

Middlesbrough last night stepped up their efforts to land Rangers star Kevin Thomson by throwing in ex-Aberdeen striker Lee Miller as a makeweight in a £2.7million deal.

Boro boss Gordon Strachan has deemed Miller surplus to requirements after the arrival of Kris Boyd from Ibrox and is now trying to punt 27-year-old Miller in the opposite direction.

Rangers are reluctant to sell Thomson but with the former Hibs midfielder entering the last year of his contract they may be tempted to do business if Strachan ups his offer for the 25-year-old.

Ibrox gaffer Walter Smith is on the look-out for a striker in the wake of Boyd's departure but it is unclear if Scotland hitman Miller fits the bill.

Meanwhile, Smith admits he is being priced out of the transfer market as he struggles to sign new stars on a limited budget.

Gers have not bought a player since August 2008 and Smith said: "Market forces are against us right now and that is happening a lot. We have a small group of players and we need to bring new ones in.

"But when we are looking around it's difficult to achieve the balance of getting the level of player you want given the level of finance available.

"So that is the task facing us and we'll obviously try to bring in the best we possibly can."

New signings are imperative after Boyd joined Nacho Novo, DaMarcus Beasley and Stevie Smith in leaving the club over the summer.

How true!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got 3mintes at the end when he was put on to waste time. Bet he is back up the road by January at the latest.

Did he even touch the ball  ???

Pretty far down the pecking order.

Wondered at the time why Strachan bought him.

Thing is where is he going to go to back in Scotland, given who all he has already played for

Guest ally s

As long as he is nae back up the road to us!

Huns signing him would be about as hilarious as tims signing Mulgrew!

Fit in braw at Ibrox though,... diving, cheating, over-rated, arrogant poser.

Disagree with most of that post tbh, I'd take Miller ahead of any of our current strikers. If he were to go to the Huns he'd strengthen them imo.