Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Other Transfer News

manc_don

But Celtic have £17.5m burning a hole in their tattie sack.

Don't expect many tatties to faw oot!

Much as you'd think they'd be getting some decent players in you can't get past the previous business models and more so than ever they can skate the league.

It'd be better all round if they bought the best going in Scotland for decent money, spreading the wealth, but they don't.

Tells you everything that their best players are more willing to sacrifice champions league football to play on the margins of premier fitba in England. Maybe says more about the players concerned though.

Don't expect many tatties to faw oot!

Much as you'd think they'd be getting some decent players in you can't get past the previous business models and more so than ever they can skate the league.

It'd be better all round if they bought the best going in Scotland for decent money, spreading the wealth, but they don't.

Tells you everything that their best players are more willing to sacrifice champions league football to play on the margins of premier fitba in England. Maybe says more about the players concerned though.

Spot on, well said TF :thumbsup:

Suarez is a bit of a cunt is he not.  Backed to the hilt by the Liverpool fans only to let them down by trying to engineer a move away, similar to what he did in the Netherlands.

Still don't think Wenger should be touching him, he'd be better off at Real Madrid with the rest of the arseholes.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, Barry nich was a hero. Hope he does well there, but obviously not against us.

What's all this chat about Monaco potentially having to sell Falcao?!?! I dont get it?

Could be the financial fair play stuff. kind of makes sense actually - sign one of the best strikers in the world to encourage other people to join the club, then sell him on to balance the books.

Agreed, Barry nich was a hero. Hope he does well there, but obviously not against us.

What's all this chat about Monaco potentially having to sell Falcao?!?! I dont get it?

I think it could well be about the French tax system, obviously the tax situation in Monaco is pretty lax but I'm sure I read that AS Monaco would have to abide by the French tax system if they wanted to play in the French league. 

Assume they gave Falcao an astronomical wage based on not paying much tax and cant afford to increase it to ensure he takes home the same pay.

Still a strange situation!

Barry's a good guy, hope he does well too.

Falcao - Personally reckon that he's realised Monaco is a fucking shithole. But supposedly he's saying that promises on the "Monaco Project" have been broken ergo it's a breach of contract. In saying that, he played and scored today so not sure how accurate those reports are.

Juve pumped Lazio 4-0 in the Italian Super Cup, delightful for those of us who had more than 3.5 goals  ;) , but their strikeforce this season looks a bit tasty!