Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Feeling slightly optimistic

Guest donindundonald

Guest donindundonald

I for one am feeling a little optimistic about the forthcoming new season.

I like the fact that we have brought in a few new faces (in particular Hartley instead of Hendrie) and am looking forward to the new season starting.

Anyone else got a good feeling?

I like the fact that we have brought in a few new faces (in particular Hartley instead of Hendrie) and am looking forward to the new season starting.

Anyone else got a good feeling?

Optimistic no, looking forward to it, I guess so.

Living in London, I don't get to see the Dons very often, so Saturday was the first time in ages i'd managed to get to a game. I too, shared your optimism, but we played exactly the same as we did last season. I guess it was a reality check, but i'm neither optimistic or pessimistic about the season ahead. There are promising signs, we just have to hope it all clicks together.

Would love to have a feeling of optimism, been searching for it, but just can't locate it.

Nothing from pre season suggests to me that this season is going to any different than last.

Our lack of a goalscorer is going to be a major hurdle to overcome.

AFC please prove me wrong

That'll soon be knocked out of you on here...

Optimistic? No. Slightly lessened sense of dread from 3 weeks ago? Yes.

Very true Al, but I'm also concerned about our lack of creativity. Unless we have Pawlett playing I can see us creating very little. The fact he seems rather fragile physically is a worry.

At least if we're creating chances we can see just how good/woeful our strikers are, if we're not creating anything we could have Duncan Shearer and Frank Mcdougall in their pomp up front and we'd still never score.

Would love to have a feeling of optimism, been searching for it, but just can't locate it.

Nothing from pre season suggests to me that this season is going to any different than last.

AFC please prove me wrong

We will NOT get knocked out of the Europa League by some unknown team this season.

Optimistic no, looking forward to it, I guess so.

Living in London, I don't get to see the Dons very often, so Saturday was the first time in ages i'd managed to get to a game. I too, shared your optimism, but we played exactly the same as we did last season. I guess it was a reality check, but i'm neither optimistic or pessimistic about the season ahead. There are promising signs, we just have to hope it all clicks together.

Cracking weather, eh?

The stadium is the worst stadium I've ever been in.