Brechin v Aberdeen 3/8/10

The Aberdeen first team are back in action tonight (Tuesday) as they travel the short distance down the road to play against Brechin City.

The fixture is a memorial match for the late David H. Will CBE, Former Brechin City FC Chairman, SFA President and FIFA Vice President.

Admission prices are £8.00 Adult £4.00 Concession.

The match kicks off at 7.45pm.

Guest ally s

I'm finishing work early and heading up to this, not sure what to expect. I hope there's significant improvement from the last friendly I was at!

Team: Howard

Jack, McArdle, Diamond, Considine

Young, Hartley, Fyvie, Mackie

Maguire, Magennis (4-4-2)

------

Brechin 0

Aberdeen 1

Fyvie (16)

Wonder how far from our starting XI v Hamilton that is?

With Foster suspended and Lanfield, Aluko and Pawlett all likely to be short of match fitness I would guess maybe dropping Jack and Magennis for Ifil and Vernon would be the only changes?

Well, looking on the brightside, we were playing lower division sides pre-season (so-far) and we always get cuffed by them in the cups, so we should look forward to the Kaiserslautern game as we will probably hump 'em :thumbsup:

Probably  :-\

Not reading much into this to be honest

Nor I. 

This time last year we were getting absolutely horsed in Europe by a team nobody had ever heard of before, destroying any confidence the players and fans had for the coming campaign.  Yet again our season will be shaped by how good a start we make so the Hamilton game is already a 'must win' as far as I'm concerned, I just hope the players treat it as such.

But I'm confident we'll be in better shape come our first competative game this season.

I seem to remember a few years ago when we were playing our pre-season in Egypt and we were getting cuffed by a team called Aluminium!! That was dodgy.  I think we got cuffed by Arab Contractors as well  ??? Canna mind.  But that wasnt great. Must have felt like getting beat by Asda XI ;D

Onwards and upwards.