Brechin v Aberdeen 3/8/10

Guest ally s

First half we played ok, Hartley and Fyvie linked up well,Maguire was making a nuisance of himself, and McArdle looked rock solid at centre half. In all honestly we could easily have been 3 up at half time. Magennis, Mackie, and Maguire should all have scored.

Brechin's equaliser was an absolute gift, what Howard was thinking when he decided to pass the ball straight to McAllister I'll never know.  That gave Brechin a huge lift and we looked poor for the remainder of the match.

There were some positives to take from the match.  Hartley never stopped talking to the players, always trying to motivate etc. McArdle showed he's a pretty decent centre half, Fyvie looked sharp and I think he'll benefit hugely from playing alongside Hartley. I thought Maguire played quite well and Megginson again looked decent when he came on.

First half we played ok, Hartley and Fyvie linked up well,Maguire was making a nuisance of himself, and McArdle looked rock solid at centre half. In all honestly we could easily have been 3 up at half time. Magennis, Mackie, and Maguire should all have scored.

Brechin's equaliser was an absolute gift, what Howard was thinking when he decided to pass the ball straight to McAllister I'll never know.  That gave Brechin a huge lift and we looked poor for the remainder of the match.

There were some positives to take from the match.  Hartley never stopped talking to the players, always trying to motivate etc. McArdle showed he's a pretty decent centre half, Fyvie looked sharp and I think he'll benefit hugely from playing alongside Hartley. I thought Maguire played quite well and Megginson again looked decent when he came on.

First report like that - hopefully it continues. Has he been playing at centre half in every game or full back?

First report like that - hopefully it continues. Has he been playing at centre half in every game or full back?

P&J also suggesting this morning that he looks far more comfortable playing at centre half.

They also commented on the Hartley and Fyvie partnership looking promising.

Really depends how stubborn McGhee is. If he has signed McArdle to play RB then he may well do that, regardless. I'd hope to see Foster and Basey playing full backs, with a combo of Diamond, Considine and McArdle at CB, while Ifil can GTF.

Guest ally s

Really depends how stubborn McGhee is. If he has signed McArdle to play RB then he may well do that, regardless. I'd hope to see Foster and Basey playing full backs, with a combo of Diamond, Considine and McArdle at CB, while Ifil can GTF.

Ifil was woeful last night. Rory McAllister tore him several new arseholes.

So it looks as if we'll need to sign a left/right back and play Foster on the remaining position.

Apparently Ryan Jack at right back last night was excellent. Best player on the pitch according to some.  Considine was also looking good at left back apparently, although i've never been keen on him there I have to say.

Ryan Jack was MOTM for me. McArdle and Diamond looked a solid partnership as did Hartley & Fyvie. Hartley looks a class above the rest of our side and I dont think there can be many worries over his fitness after he lasted the 90mins and had a few good runs forward with the ball. Made the keeper pull off a good save from a free kick and then set up Considines header with another good free kick.

When Folly came on he was too often standing right next to Hartley when Hartley had the ball. We might struggle with playing them together.

Considine did well at left back and put in a few good crosses.

Vernon was absolute horse shit and Magennis was just bashing into people, giving away endless fouls. Paton didnt play particularly well while Pawlett had a couple of runs but as expected isnt really fit.

Young, Mackie and Maguire were...as expected.

Guest ally s

Apparently Ryan Jack at right back last night was excellent. Best player on the pitch according to some.  Considine was also looking good at left back apparently, although i've never been keen on him there I have to say.

Considine did quite well, his crossing was very good.

Ryan Jack did ok considering it was his first start, I wouldn't say he was excellent though. He looked very composed on the ball but his positioning was very suspect at times.

Guest ally s

Nope, my screen's the right way round.

If you're wanting Jack at right back you'd type it like this:

Jack McArdle Diamond Foster