Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Films

manc_don

Slight left turn here but went to see 'Wreck it Ralph' last night

Not too bad and I liked the premise but not as good as some of the other Pixar films. However it was a free ticket  :thumbsup:

Downside for me anyway was as per usual unless you were prepared to put up with the 3D shite the latest show time was 645pm.

It still baffles me that couples with upwards of 6 kids will arrive after a film has started into a cinema they know will be packed as its a new release and yet still seem to assume they will easily find 4-8 empty seats next to each other anywhere other than the front section.  Result is they stand about in the aisles looking lost for about 5mins turning the cinema into the Parkhead away section before brains finally kicks into gear.  :hammer:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't cry at The Impossible either

Don't fancy Zero Dark Thirty as I didn't like The Hurt Locker

Going to see Les Mis again next weekend, also Lincoln and Hyde Park on Hudson in the next couple of weeks  :thumbsup:

Oh and No - the Chilean film nominated as best foreign film and also Amour which is also in that category

That's a lot of popcorn  :o

Right I've now seen all those plus Django last night which was fab  :thumbsup:

I thought Lincoln was very slow tho Daniel Day Lewis was superb

No was bril and Amour thoroughly deserved to take the oscar for best foreign film, very poignant and quite harrowing 

Next for me is probably To the Wonder and The Spirit of 45

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

avoiding the star trek trailer like the plague, really want to go into that movie not knowing a thing about it.  Managed to do so with the last one and it was well worth the effort, i hate how much information is released about films these days

• 2 weeks later...

Fit's with you always watching shite films, Jager? In a complete contrast I watched Lady & The Tramp at the weekend for the first time since I was a kid. Fucking hell. I was not prepared emotionally for that.

Fit's with you always watching shite films, Jager? In a complete contrast I watched Lady & The Tramp at the weekend for the first time since I was a kid. Fucking hell. I was not prepared emotionally for that.

Really?  But you listen to Coldplay though.......................  ;)