Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Films

manc_don

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Captain Phillips is really good.  I'm not sure who gave the best performance - Hanks or the main Somali pirate, both were excellent.

Agreed, really enjoyed it, although I believe a fair degree of "poetic licence" was used and several crew members have stated that Philips wasn't the necessarily the hero he was portrayed as in the film.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched a couple no-brainers last night.

Haywire (Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas, Michael Douglas, Channing Tatum) was a decent assassin/espionage movie.  Last 10 minutes were slightly disappointing though, seemed like they ran out of time or money when it came to wrapping it up.  Worth watching alone for the female lead's bangers.

Olympus Has Fallen (Morgan Freeman playing president would you believe, Gerard Butler playing Bruce Willis/John McClane).  Actually quite enjoyed it, refreshing change from Muslim's being the bad guys.  Highlights being Butler stabbing just about everyone in the head with something sharp, even when they were already dead.

She's great but I wasn't too impressed with the film, seemed a bit too similar to the first one and the ending was a bit quick!

I thought the film was ok but the third book is terrible and they are apparently making it into 2 films!!

I saw Philomena this week - Steve Coogan & Judi Dench were both excellent and a really poignant story

Gone with the Wind for me next week - have somehow managed never to see it

I thought the film was ok but the third book is terrible and they are apparently making it into 2 films!!

I saw Philomena this week - Steve Coogan & Judi Dench were both excellent and a really poignant story

Gone with the Wind for me next week - have somehow managed never to see it

Fear not missus, you'll be blown away by it  ;)