Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Films

manc_don

We were going to go and see Monument Men last night, but have just read/heard one too many bad reviews about it so we gave it a miss.

Watched Dallas Buyers Club instead. Wasn't really sure what to expect to be hnoest, but got to say thoroughly enjoyed it, with excellent perfomances from the three main characters played by Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner and Jared Leto.

I agree, saw it tonight  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

He was a wreck the whole way trough the book Jager. He was dressing up in women's clothes and thinking he was his wife right from the start and bumping people off. But then again you might think that's normal. ;) (not that there is any thing wrong with that if that's your thing.)

With all the excitement of the cup I forgot to mention I saw Under the Skin last Saturday

I thought it was complete drivel and probably the worst 2 hours of my life in a cinema

Not my cup of tea at all I'm afraid tho I'm not into aliens so my first thought was that I wouldn't like it which was cemented after the trailer tho my pal persuaded me to go as she had read the book

I doubt even Scarlett Johansson naked can save this film for anyone  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Has no-one been to the movies lately  :o

I saw Divergent on Sunday in London - it was very expensive to get in

Great film of you are a fan of The Hunger Games - Shailene Woodley doesn't offer quite as much eye candy as Jennifer Lawrence but Theo James does for me  ;)

Went to see 'The Raid 2' last night

Never heard of the original and it was a toss up between this and captain America. Mate sold it to my by proclaiming that is was a sort of 'oldboy' style film.

Extreme silly and gory violence but it did keep the attention spam awake. Although how it is possible to continue to fight several heavily armed blokes when yer right hamstring has seemingly been cut by a large machete 10mins before.....

This one has stepped up the gore factor compared to other films like it that I have seen and i find it a bit silly now. Not even Tom & Jerry would be standing after some of the crap pulled in this film yet gang members, dodgy cops and gangsters seen to take an eternity to kill no matter how many times you hit them in the head with numerous sharp and or heavy metal objects

Still a hell of alot better than the last film i went to see (Thor 2)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very disappointed with the Grand Budapest Hotel.  I thought it was supposed to be funny!?

I really enjoyed it but in the cinema I felt the reaction was very much mixed. A few folk seemed to leave a third to a half way through.