Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Films

manc_don

You expect a lot from a Bond film. But this one is crap.

Christoph Waltz is one of my favourite actors but his role just terrible. He was underutilised.

I grew out of Bond films when I was 13. Never been to the cinema to see one since. Haven't seen any of the last however many going back decades. Of course it was crap. How can it not be? Fantasy incredible bullshit for retard people.

Waltz is an amazing actor and having been undiscovered his whole life until Quentin put him on the map, rightly wheeled out the wheelbarrow to furnish his pension to do this shit.

QT does that a lot, discover great talents that have been kicking around a while or re-launch a career or two, the space cadet scientologist Travolta getting a nice payday with Pulp Fiction.

I thought Spectre was pretty decent.  It seemed a bit slow in the middle but livened up when Waltz appeared, and he was excellent.  Andrew Scott also very good.

I do like Mendes's nods to the Connery films - clearly there were nods to From Russia With Love and You Only Live Twice in Spectre. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spectre was ok

I saw Tangerine last night - a transgender revenge comedy - very good

Next outing will probably be Carol

Started watching that the other night because it's got very good reviews.  It was a bit loud for the mood I was in.  So is it worth watching all the way through?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rarely go the cinema. It has to be highly recommended by a trusted source for me to go but that's twice in a month.

Black Mass was excellent and The Hateful 8 will also be excellent when I go for the second time in ages in early January.

The cast was superb and Johnny Depp is utterly compelling, an outstanding acting performance.

I rarely go the cinema. It has to be highly recommended by a trusted source for me to go but that's twice in a month.

Black Mass was excellent and The Hateful 8 will also be excellent when I go for the second time in ages in early January.

The cast was superb and Johnny Depp is utterly compelling, an outstanding acting performance.

I was just watching the trailer for The Hateful 8 this afternoon, really looking forward to seeing it.

I've also heard a lot of great things about Black Mass and hoping to catch that sometime soon too, glad you enjoyed it!

I do recommend Black Mass. The acting is awesome and it's a powerful film.

If you're like me and despise paying money to watch mediocre or slightly good, you will not be disappointed.

This is gripping stuff and a dramatisation of a true story.

Quentin Tarantino will inevitably not disappoint but whilst Django was good, nowhere near as good as Inglorious. I hope this one is better than Django because it would be sad to see a great career going out losing steam, although for what he gave us already - Pulp Fiction being the best - he gets a lifelong pass. Jackie Brown very underrated if you've not seen it, an absolutely fantastic film.

I didn't bother the first time round and I won't be going to this.

Am I the only one who has never seen a Star wars film?

Am I missing much, or is the excellent 95% principle (Roger Anthony, Melbourne) at play here?

"Find out what 95% of people do and think then do and think the complete opposite".

I saw Phatom Menace in 1999 (I think?) when it came out. (I remember absolutely zilch about it) Then about 6 months ago I finally saw the rest of the Star Wars films for the first time. In one day. I did enjoy them but they were never going to live up to the hype. I'm going to see the new one tonight. I've only heard good things so all I want is an couple of hours of entertainment. I don't need it to be the greatest film I've ever seen. (That would obviously be Rocky IV anyway.  :thumbsup: )

I saw Phantom Menace in 1999 (I think?) when it came out. (I remember absolutely zilch about it)

Wish I could say the same. However I can only recall one scene from 'attack of the clones' and the ending of 'revenge of the sith'

All 3 were shocking IMO. Almost as shocking is Lucas deciding to fuck around with the originals with cheap CGI. The original puppets were far more realistic.

I think I'll wait till January before attempting to see it.

Now the 'Eddie the Eagle' biopic on the other hand......  :dance:

I enjoyed The Force Awakens. I admit I fell asleep but that wasn't because of the film! It will undoubtedly prove to be the biggest movie of all time. I don't think it's that good by any means but it is worth watching if you're vaguely a Star Wars fan.

Watched Inside Out last night, very enjoyable.

Good film. Cleverer that it seems at first glance. Like many Pixar efforts. Can't be properly appreciated by kids or thick adults.

Went to see In the Heart of the Sea last night. Nae a bad film. Just a bitty too much animal butchery for my liking. Hard to believe how much more spasticated mankind was just a couple of centuries ago.