Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Student/Train Tickets

Tyrant

The following has been split from another thread:

Or if you look at it another way if you go to 18 home games its AFC down £126

Are you saying you wouldnt go to any games if you didnt buy a season ticket? If you went to just 9 as a full paying adult the club would be up £198

No because you'd have to be a fucking retard to not buy a season ticket and then pay to get into all the games. If I didn't buy a season ticket I would perhaps attend one or two at the most. Most games towards the end of last season felt like a chore to attend so there's no danger that I'd pay at the gate for that. My getting a student season ticket is the best way for AFC to get my money.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because you'd have to be a fucking retard to not buy a season ticket and then pay to get into all the games. If I didn't buy a season ticket I would perhaps attend one or two at the most. Most games towards the end of last season felt like a chore to attend so there's no danger that I'd pay at the gate for that. My getting a student season ticket is the best way for AFC to get my money.

Part-timer. Not a 'real' fan.  :-\  ;) ;)

If you are not a fucking student you shouldn't be getting a fucking student season ticket - why the fuck should I pay the full price when I go to games then  :hammer:>:D

three fucks in one sentence hebrew? im sure thats one of the signs of the apocalypse................

If you are not a fucking student you shouldn't be getting a fucking student season ticket - why the fuck should I pay the full price when I go to games then  :hammer:>:D

If you know someone who is a student but doesn't like football or doesn't go to games then I'm not sure what the problem is.

If you are not a fucking student you shouldn't be getting a fucking student season ticket :hammer:>:D

+1

I totally agree hebrew.

Whatever way those in employment then try to justify it, .. i.e AFC getting some money instead of none etc which implies you wouldn't go AT ALL if didn't get student ST is a fucking joke. It is also fraud.

Loophole's probably not the word I was looking for, but if you're studying for professional accountancy exams, you can apply for an NUS Associate Card even though you're not in full time (or even part time) education for a cost of £10/year. To be fair to the club, there's not really any way of them knowing.

I agree with the sentiment but now that i've finished uni it's not a pleasent prospect to pay double the money. If they gave out more discounts to the general public (unemployed, less than 20,000 a year, public sector etc) they'd take more money I think. I do also think that current and future private practice GPs etc should pay a massive price hike to cover any shortfall  :thumbsup:

+1

I totally agree hebrew.

Whatever way those in employment then try to justify it, .. i.e AFC getting some money instead of none etc which implies you wouldn't go AT ALL if didn't get student ST is a fucking joke. It is also fraud.

Tough shit. That's my situation. Either £180 or nothing. Simple as that.

I agree with the sentiment but now that i've finished uni it's not a pleasent prospect to pay double the money. If they gave out more discounts to the general public (unemployed, less than 20,000 a year, public sector etc) they'd take more money I think. I do also think that current and future private practice GPs etc should pay a massive price hike to cover any shortfall  :thumbsup:

Same here. So unattractive a prospect I decided not to renew at all.

+1

I totally agree hebrew.

So if someone offered you a shot of their season ticket because they weren't going, you would say no?

+1

I totally agree hebrew.

Speaking for myself, I would go far less often.

As far as unused ST's are concerned, would you prefer an ST went unused than someone else taking the seat? Similarly fraudulent.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100819/turnstile-changes-for-u12-and-student-tickets_2212158_2127511

Looks like all the cheapskates that have been paying student/u12 prices when they should have paid full price are in for an embarassing situation when they try to enter the ground...

They do that at Murrayfield too. It's an absolute nightmare, last time I had to do it the student queue took about half an hour while all my mates got through straight away.

I blame whoever brought this up for the change.