Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Student/Train Tickets

Tyrant

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my ST as part of a 'Family Concession Package' that being one adult and two students paying £80 less than it would be to get them individually. The tickets themselves all say 'Family Conc Pack' on them with no way of knowing which two are the student ones and which is the adult one, I'm wondering whether all three of us would need to go in at the same time with two student cards to prove two of us are students or if it doesn't matter.

How is it moving the goalposts?

Do the terms of a student ticket say 'you can use this if yer not a student because we definetly wont bother checking if you are or not'?

Is it possible to obtain a refund for a purchase you obtained dishonestly?

This functionality was only put in place after they'd sold however many of them they have. Can see a few empty seats as people have season tickets they can't use.

Not saying they haven't got the right to enforce it but doing it after people have handed over their money is a bit sneaky.

about as sneaky as the people that took advantage of it in the first place.

Im thinking there will be a lot of people paying £10 to switch to 10game ticket

Don't think there was anything sneaky about it really.

Not any sneakier than getting friends fares to Aberdeen and getting off in Dundee anyway. ;)

Don't think there was anything sneaky about it really.

Not any sneakier than getting friends fares to Aberdeen and getting off in Dundee anyway. ;)

If i was to buy a friends fare to aberdeen and then stay on the train if it went to dyce (or for some reason onwards to inverness) then that is dishonest because I have only paid to go as far as the Granite city. If i get off 3-4 stations early thats fine because im using Scotrails facilities for less time than what I paid for.  On the way back ive paid for a seat on a train that leaves Aberdeen at a certain time. If I get on said train 3-4 stations later thats fine because im using Scotrails facilities less than what I paid for. Dont recall any terms that say you must be on the train the whole journey. The friends fare is the same price for adults, students, children OAPs etc. Only condition is you must buy at least 3 tickets and be on a certain train. Try to use it on another train and the conductor is entitled to charge you a full price fare

If I was to buy an annual scotrail student ticket and use if for those journeys when im not a student, that is classed as fraud because ive obtained a discount im not entitled to. Result if caught would be a fine and possibly a ban from using their trains. If they were so inclined I believe they can bring criminal charges against me

At the same timeby buying a student or concession season ticket when you are neither, you have obtained a discount you are not entitled to. Every home game you attend you have cheated the club out of £12. Ill be interested to see what the club policy on this is since the season ticket terms and conditions dont seem to be available online.

I cant be the only one to think its more than a coincidence the student season ticket debate starts on here last week and this week the club suddenly introduce their new policy. I do wonder if a few ticket office workers are getting their balls booted for not asking for student IDs etc during the renewals

So you still reckon you wouldn't use someone else's ST to get in though?

I've never done that - I have had free tickets a couple of times through Bank of Scotland and at the Falkirk game last season through the season ticket offer - other than that I have always paid full price

This functionality was only put in place after they'd sold however many of them they have. Can see a few empty seats as people have season tickets they can't use.

Not saying they haven't got the right to enforce it but doing it after people have handed over their money is a bit sneaky.

The functionality has always been there. The flashing lights of different colours have been there since the electronic turnstiles came in with stewards standing in the areas just as you go in, who were supposed to be checking them.

The amount of folk bragging about scamming the club has obviously led them to think the current system wasnt working so they need to narrow down the area concessions can get in (which is the case at most pay at the gate turnstiles) so they can have the stewards in the correct place to properly check.

I don't think you should be entitled to a refund, especially after you've already used it for a match.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100819/turnstile-changes-for-u12-and-student-tickets_2212158_2127511

Looks like all the cheapskates that have been paying student/u12 prices when they should have paid full price are in for an embarassing situation when they try to enter the ground...

it's incredible that they've only just introduced this.  I know some guys who bought a mixture of adult & concession cards then shared the costs evenly, they've been doing this for years.  When I was offered an under 12's ticket for a midweek game I never took it as I was sure the lights would flash differently, or the stewards would have some way of telling that I was using the wrong card.  Only 7 or so years too late.

If i was to buy a friends fare to aberdeen and then stay on the train if it went to dyce (or for some reason onwards to inverness) then that is dishonest because I have only paid to go as far as the Granite city. If i get off 3-4 stations early thats fine because im using Scotrails facilities for less time than what I paid for.  On the way back ive paid for a seat on a train that leaves Aberdeen at a certain time. If I get on said train 3-4 stations later thats fine because im using Scotrails facilities less than what I paid for. Dont recall any terms that say you must be on the train the whole journey. The friends fare is the same price for adults, students, children OAPs etc. Only condition is you must buy at least 3 tickets and be on a certain train. Try to use it on another train and the conductor is entitled to charge you a full price fare

If I was to buy an annual scotrail student ticket and use if for those journeys when im not a student, that is classed as fraud because ive obtained a discount im not entitled to. Result if caught would be a fine and possibly a ban from using their trains. If they were so inclined I believe they can bring criminal charges against me

At the same timeby buying a student or concession season ticket when you are neither, you have obtained a discount you are not entitled to. Every home game you attend you have cheated the club out of £12. Ill be interested to see what the club policy on this is since the season ticket terms and conditions dont seem to be available online.

I cant be the only one to think its more than a coincidence the student season ticket debate starts on here last week and this week the club suddenly introduce their new policy. I do wonder if a few ticket office workers are getting their balls booted for not asking for student IDs etc during the renewals

Basically, it's ok to use a student ticket if you leave a game early?

You're still not paying the full fare regardless of when you get on/off.

Agree, I think the club noticed it on here and paid Microsoft (I think?) the extra money to implement this.

I don't think anyone will be getting either balls or cunt booted over this.

But I stand by what I said and the likes of glasgowdon and the many others who would get a hooky ticket will not be coughing anything the club's way. There will be less folk at games and less money at the club.

But I notice no-one has said whether they would use someone else's season ticket or not. I'll assume the answer is no then? :wave:

I don't think anyone will be getting either balls or cunt booted over this.

But I stand by what I said and the likes of glasgowdon and the many others who would get a hooky ticket will not be coughing anything the club's way. There will be less folk at games and less money at the club.

But I notice no-one has said whether they would use someone else's season ticket or not. I'll assume the answer is no then? :wave:

I can still get one legitimately anyway.

8)

As for your second point, don't be ridiculous. Why would any of the high integrity supercitizens on here commit such a heinous act?

I can still get one legitimately anyway.

8)

As for your second point, don't be ridiculous. Why would any of the high integrity supercitizens on here commit such a heinous act?

It must be gratifying for the club that we have such upright and honest cunts in the support. :thumbsup:

I certainly feel much more secure about the clubs financial future knowing they're there.

I made the point elsewhere that I believe the club will lose money over this. Aye they're within their rights to ask for student ID but a lot of folk simply can't pay full price and although they've conveniently waited until after the vast majority had purchased theirs I can see their sales taking a hit next season if folk know they won't get away with buying a student ticket. And I bet it's a fair few times £180!

As I said I think AFC have shot themselves in the foot a bit.

If all the fans were as honest and as up-standing as on here it wouldn't be a problem right enough.

I made the point elsewhere that I believe the club will lose money over this. Aye they're within their rights to ask for student ID but a lot of folk simply can't pay full price and although they've conveniently waited until after the vast majority had purchased theirs I can see their sales taking a hit next season if folk know they won't get away with buying a student ticket. And I bet it's a fair few times £180!

As I said I think AFC have shot themselves in the foot a bit.

If all the fans were as honest and as up-standing as on here it wouldn't be a problem right enough.

Completely agree. :thumbsup: