Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Nikola Vujadinovic on trial

mizer

Aberdeen have taken Montenegrin defender Nikola Vujadinovic on trial from Italian side Udinese. (Herald)

Nikola Vujadinovi? (born July 31, 1986 in Belgrade, Yugoslavia) is a Serbian-born Montenegrin football defender who plays for Udinese. Vujadinovi? also holds a Bulgarian passport (and consequently EU citizenship) due to his grandfather Velichko being a Bulgarian from Pirot.

Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)

Playing position Defender

Vujadinovi? was a Red Star Belgrade trainee. He later played for FK Rad of Belgrade, FK Zeta of Podgorica and FK Radni?ki Pirot of Pirot.

In May 2007, he moved to CSKA Sofia on a free transfer, agreeing a three-year contract with the Bulgarian Premier League side.[2]

In August 2008, Udinese announced that they secured the services of Vujadinovic for €1 million. He agreed a five year contract with the Serie A club.[3]

In September 2009, he was loaned by Udinese to Unirea Alba Iulia. He started 22 league games in the 2009/10 season, a campaign in which the Romania Liga I side finished bottom of the league.

If Udinese paid £750,000 for him, then he will be better than what we've got.

Right enough, but I was more wondering if he's been injued and not been as good since. I've not researched it mind. Certainly can put in a good tackle and seems composed on the ball.

Do we not already have two 6ft plus FBs. I want some short, fast little fucks out there who won't get turned inside out by Conway, Driver, Weiss or Forrest.

....Clearly I am making sweeping judgements based on nothing but the guys height but hey-ho it's an interent forum, who needs facts ?

Foster is our resident torpedo fullback.

I'm good with that. As long as he is deployed to man mark all of the fuckers I mentioned in my previous post then we can have as many big fucker FBs who should really be CBs as we like.

I wonder if the fact that we have won our first three games, without conceding a goal, might impress this guy into signing for us?!

The fact that the famous Aberdeen want to sign him in the first place should be all the impressing he needs.

McGhee, meanwhile, has written off the club's chances of a potential loan move for Udinese defender Nikola Vujadinovic.

The Montenegro full back trained with the Dons on Wednesday, but a proposed deal failed to get off the ground and McGhee will now step up his efforts to sign former Charlton defender Grant Basey.

The 23-year-old is a free agent and can be signed after the transfer window closes on Tuesday, but the Dons manager is concerned he could miss out if he cannot move some of his younger squad players out on loan.

McGhee said: “Vujadinovic is a non-starter. I like the player, but the deal that was supposed to be on the table is not there any more.

“He is on big wages at Udinese, but we were told there were conditions we could have him, but it turned out to be something of a bum steer.

“He trained with us and looked like a good player, but it is not going any further.

No real surprise he was on good money in Itlay. Hopefully we concentrate on getting Basey in, especially if Foster moves to der hun.

Seeing as Foster is the only full back we have on our books, I'd hope they wouldn't be mutually exclusive.

The deal's off anyway according to McGhee, so it'll be back down to Sainsbury's spare change counting machine to see if we've got enough for Basey yet.

The deal's off anyway according to McGhee, so it'll be back down to Sainsbury's spare change counting machine to see if we've got enough for Basey yet.

I do wonder what the point was in having him in on trial was?

Aside from the smart arse 'to find out if he is good enough?' MM must know what the financial situation is & given we are scrabbling around trying to find any spare cash for Basey, to the point of putting youngsters (who are on peanuts) on loan, then financially this would have been a non starter anyway?  I am however assuming that any deal for Vujadinovic is worth more than the one tabled for basey.