Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Fyvie out for the season

Stewart

Mark Mcghee said in the after match interview the whole team were wearing the same footwear they always do, more or less said the players don't normally play on these pitches so did not have the correct footwear and footwear is not provided (I am not sure if he meant by Alloa or by AFC).

Mark Mcghee said in the after match interview the whole team were wearing the same footwear they always do, more or less said the players don't normally play on these pitches so did not have the correct footwear and footwear is not provided (I am not sure if he meant by Alloa or by AFC).

Things must be really bad financially, when our players can't afford more than one pair of boots to help prevent themselves getting potentially career ending injuries.

Still, it's nice to see Fyvie saving up for his Richard Steadman surgery and all the donkey placenta's he'll need by doing an advert for the start of the new season.

Get him to Steadman in Colorado, he's the "go to" guy for this shit.

Injured Aberdeen FC starlet’s surgeon is one of the best

McGhee praises Fyvie’s doc

Published: 28/08/2010

INJURY BLOW: Aberdeen FC's Fraser Fyvie.

More Pictures

INJURED Aberdeen FC midfielder Fraser Fyvie will be in good hands when he undergoes knee surgery this weekend.

The 17-year-old’s operation will be done in Glasgow by Professor Gordon MacKay.

Regarded as one of the best surgeons in the business, MacKay played for Rangers before deciding on a medical career:hammer:

Dons boss Mark McGhee said: “I’ve had treatment from Gordon in the past, so I know Fraser will be well looked after.”

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1891866?UserKey=#ixzz0y558T7pi

No expense....spent.

• 3 weeks later...

From this mornings metro

Mark McGhee insistes Aberdeen will rally round stricken Fraser Fyvie after the midfielder had cruciate ligament surgery yesterday. Scotlands under 19 captain now faces a year on the sidelines and a painful rehab program.

Dons boss Mcghee said "I have spoken to Fraser about the injury and his rehab. over the next few months, he will have a hard, frustrating days. There will be times when he is working in the gym with the physios and we are all out at the training ground. He will get lonely and he will get down but we are all here o help him through that. Fraser will be fine, I have no doubts about that, as he is a strong-minded lad who is ambitious and determined to do well"

He's a 17 y/o who is being paid nicely to sit on his arse and play xbox for a year.

It's our depression McGhee should be concerned with as we have to watch a year with zero creativity in the middle of the park.

How long was the contract Fyvie signed on for btw? 3 or 5 years?

You make rehab sound like a walk in the park.

And I think it was 3 years. I don't think we do 5 year deals.