Huns after Foster? Confirmed - Velicka to Pittodrie in year loan deal

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why get another striker?  We have hundreds at the moment ,admittedly none of them score, but has Velika not been injured for ages and not played 1st team football regularly for even longer?  Added to that we are giving away our only real full back who provides cover all over the pitch.  Seems a bit unnecessary to me.

How long's Foster got on his contract? Assuming it isn't up at the end of the season, he'd possibly come back a better player or at least a more sale-able asset.

Since Macguire/Paton are clearly not going to get a chance in their right position, I wouldn't mind this going through. Before the huns left Velicka to rot in the reserves I thought he looked better up front than the ones we're playing there now. Other than the 1st half of last season Foster has been shocking for us so as long as we get in another full back today it seems more or less positive to me.

How long's Foster got on his contract? Assuming it isn't up at the end of the season, he'd possibly come back a better player or at least a more sale-able asset.

Since Macguire/Paton are clearly not going to get a chance in their right position, I wouldn't mind this going through. Before the huns left Velicka to rot in the reserves I thought he looked better up front than the ones we're playing there now. Other than the 1st half of last season Foster has been shocking for us so as long as we get in another full back today it seems more or less positive to me.

We are playing a formation with one striker.  We have six at the moment meaning we play them out of position.  How the fuck do we fit another striker in?  If we sign him I presume Vernon and Magennis will be competing for a place on the bench, meaning a total waste of a wage we could/should have spent on a full back(s) and a midfielder

This is a fucking bizzare transfer if it happens, I can only echo the sentiments of everyone else in saying WTF!!!!!!  Vellicka is a decent striker, certainly on his game better than what we have already..... but that was him on his game at hertz.  Foster has been a key member of the squad for the past 3 seasons and I would fucking loathe to see him playing for the filth.  For the first time I am having  sigificant reservations about MM's decision making as none of his makes any sense from a footballing point of view

This would only really make sense if another striker was on his way out and Basey was coming in.

That is pretty much the only way i can see it as well.

If we give them Foster for a year and don't add to the squad other than Velicka then it frankly makes no sense to me at all.

I'd assume that the Hun earns more a week than Foster, so can't even see a wage saving in this

Let me however be the first to say that if Fozzy goes there and gets a regular gig then expect to see him in Avril's next squad.

In summary, nae fucking happy with this, unless there is more to it than first meets the eye. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8958497.stm

Aberdeen have targeted Rangers striker Andrius Velicka, and are offering defender Ricky Foster in return.

BBC Scotland has learned the move for either player would be part of a year-long loan deal.

Lithuania international Velicka agreed a £1m three-year deal with Rangers in 2008, but has played only eight matches for the Glasgow club.

Foster signed a new three-and-a-half year contract with Aberdeen in January, and was a regular feature last season.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

If this story is correct, it stinks of personal differences rather than for the good of the club. We know Foster isn't shy of a confrontation with the manager, there were suggestions last season that Foster didn't like McGhee, he hasn't played since our poor pre-season...

Utterly fucking crazy if this swap goeas ahead. 7 strikers and 6 defenders was already a dodgy mix for a team apparently fixed on playing 4-5-1 ish.

But after shipping out out the young fullback, were we to get rid of Foster for another striker then I'd question the sanity of McGhee.

I've no problem with shipping out Foster, if we replace him with better but I'd want the money and time to replace him. Even using this to fund Basey leaves us short and is more risky as Basey could be utter wank. Like Grassi.

Warped.