Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Huns after Foster? Confirmed - Velicka to Pittodrie in year loan deal

Kowalski

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He told rangers.co.uk: "It has all happened very quickly. I was surprised the way things have gone and I'm very excited by it.

"I remember that goal two seasons ago. It was a pure mistake. Scoring at Ibrox was something I had thought about but not an own goal.

"It was not a highlight for me but at least I can say I have scored for Rangers at Ibrox and hopefully I can add a few more this season.

"The Champions League is the biggest stage of all and to have a chance of playing there is terrific.

"You look at the teams in the group and it's going to be brilliant.[/b]

GTF.

One defender and striker, plus Smith for a bit too (none been getting a game) out, one defender and striker in. That's not exactly making the squad more uneven. We can keep at least 3 out of the 4 for the start of next season or get rid if we choose. I don't see how that makes bad buisiness. Whether or not it improves the team we'll find out in time but I think it looks better, if only on paper.

Now for a last minute Attacking midfield and right back!

And another striker maybe  :thumbsup:

Must admit, that I never thought that the Infirm would go for Mulgrew and Foster and think that they were getting a good deal. Like Mulgrew, I think Foster will be found out and spend most of his time in Iprix on the bench or in the reserves ..... wait there ain't no reserves!  :wave:

I would be inclined to agree that on first impressions it seems like a good deal for AFC. However, put it in context - there are two hours until the transfer window closes, Velicka has not played in years, we have not one full back in the squad, and 6 strikers competing for one place. Madness.

Strange.

Wouldn't be suprised if there were personal differences between the two. Don't know what like the reception will be for Foster if/when he comes back. I am assuming Foster and Velicka will not be able to play when the two sides meet?

I am hoping that McGhee is still working on getting one or two other strikers out and getting in Basey. Just seems very strange to let go our only recognised full back and one that can also fill a variety of positions.

Hopefully Velicka can reckindle some form and fitness or else this could turn out to be a disaster deal for McGhee.