Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Penises and size issues

maverick sheep

Isn't the "too small" line just trotted out as a nice way of saying "you're nae good enough"?

If I'd been told whilst still in my early teens that "you're too small" then I'd leave Pittodrie thinking 'I'll fucking show them!' as opposed to having all my dreams shattered by being told I'm shite.

I'm sure it is an excuse that gets used when a guy is short AND shite, but I'm not aware of any other spl teams who's judgement has been as pish as ours in releasing Maloney and Coutts. Maloney is the type of player the modern game ruins - would have been fantastic in a team that, unfortunately but realistically, can't attract the number of quality (sic) players the OF or EPL teams can, but is lost in teams like Celtic or Villa.

Coutts may have had the "I'll show em" mentality but if it hadn't been for English scouts watching Cove (while the spl scouts did absolutely fuck all) he'd have been fucked. Many others could/would have given up sooner than the 2/3 years it took for somebody to notice him. That wouldn't just have been the player's loss, that would have been the game's loss in general.

I know they're exceptional cases but imagine xavi, iniesta or messi being lost to the game because of the stupidity of youth coaches. It's symptomatic of a difference in sporting culture. Spanish youth coaching is about developing skill. Nothing else.

I think a lot of the problem here is to do with youth teams focussing on results rather than development. At age 13, 14 the players who will ultimately be better are often not as effective as the bigger brutes because wee guys need to learn from experience how to beat the lumbering great fuds.

has now given up football all together

Tony Mowbray? Good. He's a massive bellend.  8)