🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Pikey Jute Minks v Dandy Dons

glasgow sheep

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still here baby  :thumbsup:

First 3 or 4 minutes we were fantastic, really dissapointed again in maguire, at always me me me, begged for a chance to be played through the middle and yet again wasted chance after chance, he puts that EASY chance away in the frist 2 minutes and it changes the complection of the game, i would like to see PP playing on the wing, and maguire shated out, but i can understand the thinking in adding his pace through the middle, the only thing i found baffelling today was the left back situation, i thought the guy was a wing back. so why have him in the middle? very strange call.

i can see progress, midfield looks like its gelling well, and we are creating a lot of chances now, i know its a not a great score, but if we took our chances it could have been differant, i honestly think if velicka had played we would have got something out of the game.

i think apart from maguire and vernon im happy with our team, barring injurys to aluko and fyvie i dont see the need for much change.

Back to the bear. Keep smiling  :wave:

Im still here baby  :thumbsup:

First 3 or 4 minutes we were fantastic, really dissapointed again in maguire, at always me me me, begged for a chance to be played through the middle and yet again wasted chance after chance, he puts that EASY chance away in the frist 2 minutes and it changes the complection of the game, i would like to see PP playing on the wing, and maguire shated out, but i can understand the thinking in adding his pace through the middle, the only thing i found baffelling today was the left back situation, i thought the guy was a wing back. so why have him in the middle? very strange call.

i can see progress, midfield looks like its gelling well, and we are creating a lot of chances now, i know its a not a great score, but if we took our chances it could have been differant, i honestly think if velicka had played we would have got something out of the game.

i think apart from maguire and vernon im happy with our team, barring injurys to aluko and fyvie i dont see the need for much change.

Back to the bear. Keep smiling  :wave:

Not sure what game were you at. Maguire was out wide most of the game with Pawlett lost in the middle.

We got murdered on the flanks for the whole game. Lack of full backs is going to kill us this season.

Agree Veron looks utter shite but we created very little. Think their keeper had about 4 saves in the whole game.

Only in midfield did we look any good with Folly a stand out however without Aluko in there we did not look like creating much. Really hope his injury is not as bad as is being suggested.

Agree Veron...

If only...

Vujadinovic prefers playing centre half, btw.

First thing; where is progress in a 3-1 pumping after two wins and a narrow defeat?

Second thing; "if we took our chances it could have been differant (sic)"  that's the case in every game bar none. That attitude doesn't save managers from the sack.

Third thing;"i honestly think if velicka had played we would have got something out of the game."  You have absolutely no basis for that whatsoever.  Someone who hasn't played for two years all of a sudden is guaranteed to get us two goals in whatever game we want him to?  If only it worked like that.  When you wake up, you may realise it doesn't work like that...

Back to normality.

Back to life. Back to reality.

Perhaps the most embarrasing thing is that we are still 3rd in the league, having only taken points off the teams in 11th and 12th position. Or from an SPL viewpoint, the worst hun and tim teams in decades are both 6 points clear of us dross after just 4 games!

I genuinely thought last season was the lowest the SPL could ever possibly sink. I hang my head in shame.

3-0 down in 9 minutes, so stoney, we were that good for 3-4 minutes, how fucking diabolocal would you put the following 6 minutes down as?

We have a team of 4 midfielders, 7 strikers and the rest are centre backs. The balance of the team is all fucking wrong and the notion of progress is quite alarming. McGhee continues to play Pawlett, our only genuine pace at the moment, through the middle.

Fuck sake.

Oh, and McGhee reckons we showed character yesterday. Fan-fucking-tastic Mark, did we show equal amounts of character when we got ourselves into adversity in the fucking first place? Jesus wept. 

first off the game i was at, we had the same amount of shots on target as united did, they took their chances - we wasted ours so there in lies the change, united murdered us on the flanks? where did the three goals come form? through the middle

Secondly i said in my original post that i agree with pawlett playing on the wing, said from the hamilton game thats where he should be playing but as i also said i understand why he is playing him through the middle, with folly and hartley in the middle there isnt much pace there i think its an experiment thats going wrong and i will be worried if it isnt changed soon.

a win on saturday and everything will be hunky dory again, chill the fuck oot  :thumbsup:

where did the three goals come form? through the middle

The chance for the 1st was created on the left wing. One pass and a huge gap opened up because our 4 centre backs were too busy doing nothing in the centre. Quick side step, shoot, block, falls to united striker and goal

The second once. As I recall it came from a corner won from an almost identical conter attack down our left wing.

The 3rd. Well bugger me, an attack on our left wing and the boy goes down at the edge of the penalty area.

Just watched the highlights. Comic defending for the first - bordering on schoolboy stuff.  The second - there may have been a pull on Howard's arm/shoulder but it was slight if there was one and that still shouldn't have happened. Also, if there was a touch on him, he should be going down, other keepers do it and get the free kick. They don't punch it into the net.

The third - it wasn't a penalty and the ref should have realised that from the way the ball moved. Poor decision, Howard unlucky not to save it.

Vernon scored a cracker, a confident finish and was good to see one of our strikers knew where the goal was while their back was to goal.

Just ashame Hartley's excellent free kick didn't go in (he thought the keeper wasn't getting there by his reaction), could maybe have salvaged something from it.

Just watched the highlights. Comic defending for the first - bordering on schoolboy stuff.  The second - there may have been a pull on Howard's arm/shoulder but it was slight if there was one and that still shouldn't have happened. Also, if there was a touch on him, he should be going down, other keepers do it and get the free kick. They don't punch it into the net.

The third - it wasn't a penalty and the ref should have realised that from the way the ball moved. Poor decision, Howard unlucky not to save it.

Vernon scored a cracker, a confident finish and was good to see one of our strikers knew where the goal was while their back was to goal.

Just ashame Hartley's excellent free kick didn't go in (he thought the keeper wasn't getting there by his reaction), could maybe have salvaged something from it.

Agree with all that.  Penalty decision was a shocker and Vernon's goal was a cracker.

Tumilty had an abortion of a game through the 90 mins. Terrible, terrible decision making. Kenneth is an utter, utter hatchetman, fowling left right and centre and in a parallel universe would have been sent off for persistant fouling.

We played not badly for reasonable spells, but our were never gonna come back from 3 down. The above however does not excuse the fact that playing with no full backs against wingers is a disaster.  Look at the first goal as an example. Our defenders were huddled together, allowing that space for a shot on goal.

Game was a bogey after 10mins.  1st goal would be comical if it wasn't so embarrassing, 2nd saw our keeper punch the ball in the net and the 3rd was never a penalty.  So maybe a bit unlucky but I suppose (CLICHE ALERT) you make your own luck.

4 Centre Halfs and no wingers mean we are horrendously exposed on the wings.  No huge revelation or surprise there but it seems to have slipped past McGoo as he went on his mission to sign up every available, non scoring striker.

On top of this, as everybody has said, our only creative outlet with pace and skill to beat a man is stuck in no man's land between our defensive midfield duo and the attack.  I watched him for a good 10mins during which he touched the ball once and seemed utterly lost, bypassed by our tactics and demotivated.  On his performances so far this season he should be nowhere near the team.  I'd love to know exactly what McGhee is thinking.  Some have suggested he isn't fit enough to be running the wing all match but if that is the reason you really have to question why a semi fit player is continually picked out of position terrible performance after terrible performance.

Then there was the tombola 2nd half where we had a target man playing right wing and a full back at centre half.

We were unlucky and looked good in patches in the first half but with the tactics, personel and comical defending we got what we deserved.

Perhaps even more depressing is we are still some how 3rd.  Already the OF are out of sight from everyone else in the SPL.  Every side is capable of beating each other from 3rd down.  Could be one of the biggest gaps in years at a time when both sides have serious weaknesses and financial restrictions.

We have only got points from really weak teams. Others have played the OF, the LSC having played both.

Fair point. Still think that most sides have the ability to beat anyone from 3rd down in this league. No standouts and the worst side I've seen (Hamilton) have already picked up some points.  Hibs and united look average at best and hearts not much better.  Quite where we slot in time will tell but it could be just about anywhere.