🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Motherwell v Aberdeen

mizer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who needs a fullback when you can have an injured striker instead :-\

Happy with a point though, assumed we'd get beaten today.

Aye, so did McGhee apparently. 

In all my days of supporting the Dons i never ever thought i'd see us play for a point at Fir Park.  Today is quite possibly the single most depressing day of my support. 

I wasn't at the game today, but surprised at this comment BB.

Surely over the last year or two there have been many more games that would have been more depressing?  :-\

Why did you feel like that?

The fact he clearly lined the team up to get a nil nil draw.  It wasn't the worst or most depressing performance, but if we're now at a stage where our manager sets us up to get a goalless draw at Fir Park and sees this as a good thing, then what hope is there?  Will he put 7 centre halves across the back when we go to Parkhead and Ibrox?

It was Motherwell for fucks sake McGhee, not Manchester United.

The fact he clearly lined the team up to get a nil nil draw.  It wasn't the worst or most depressing performance, but if we're now at a stage where our manager sets us up to get a goalless draw at Fir Park and sees this as a good thing, then what hope is there?  Will he put 7 centre halves across the back when we go to Parkhead and Ibrox?

It was Motherwell for fucks sake McGhee, not Manchester United.

He would be aswell just park the team bus on the goal line at Ibrox and Parkhead

I see from the interview from McGhee on BBC that he is now taking inspiration from Rangers European displays. Deary me.

Really? FFs, I really have to question whether or not I can be bothered to get a ticket for the Ibrox game now. If we're playing like that against the likes of Motherwell, it doesn't bode well for playing bigger teams.

Re the comment about the signing policy, i completely agree. This is ridiculous. Why we have so many strikers and centre halves at the club is beyond me. I'm still not happy about getting Velicka, its nothing personal, but we really didn't need him as much as we needed Foster. :hammer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9012447.stm

"I joked in midweek before the Rangers-Man United game, 'let's watch to see if we can get any inspiration'," McGhee told BBC Scotland.

"I saw Walter Smith's back three and I thought 'that will do for me'."

So, going to Fir Park is the same as Rangers going to Old Trafford!

Apparently so and that's what i find so depressing. Motherwell, going by yesterday's game are not a good team.  Even if they were, Fir Park is still one of the away matches I'd expect us to have a very good chance of winning. To give up any hope of that before a ball is kicked is criminal and is surely not what our club is about.  If McGhee thinks otherwise then I have lost an awful lot of respect for him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9012447.stm

Jamie Langfield

I think there's a bit more determination about the team now," he said.

"We had a bad loss last week at Dundee United, so to come to somewhere like Fir Park and get a draw shows there is a difference as we'd have maybe lost this game last season.

Apparently so and that's what i find so depressing. Motherwell, going by yesterday's game are not a good team.  Even if they were, Fir Park is still one of the away matches I'd expect us to have a very good chance of winning. To give up any hope of that before a ball is kicked is criminal and is surely not what our club is about.  If McGhee thinks otherwise then I have lost an awful lot of respect for him.

If its come to this then we would be as well locking the doors and calling it a day.

The money we spent replacing Calderwood with McGhee is looking like a better investment with each passing game - bizarre formations, players playing out of position, cringeworthy statements to the press and a questionable record in the transfer market.

To quote Funster, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

The money we spent replacing Calderwood with McGhee is looking like a better investment with each passing game - bizarre formations, players playing out of position, cringeworthy statements to the press and a questionable record in the transfer market.

To quote Funster, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Not sure why this comes up again, but anyway... JC wanted to go, he said so after the 4-2 Celtic game. He was shoved before he walked out on us mid-season and I can understand that.  And to be honest, fuck him. We're Aberdeen FC and he thought he was better than us. He's not, and never ever will be.  Sir Alex Ferguson has never once given off the impression that he's better than our club, but JC did.  And some folk still stick up for him.  Fucking tragic state of affairs.

Not sure why this comes up again, but anyway... JC wanted to go, he said so after the 4-2 Celtic game. He was shoved before he walked out on us mid-season and I can understand that.  And to be honest, fuck him. We're Aberdeen FC and he thought he was better than us. He's not, and never ever will be.  Sir Alex Ferguson has never once given off the impression that he's better than our club, but JC did.  And some folk still stick up for him.  Fucking tragic state of affairs.

not sure how you've come to the conclusion my post was sticking up for JC. It was a dig at McGhee, and the utter lack of progress we've made since appointing him.