Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

McGhee challenges Maguire to turn on his Scotland form

mizer

Get him up front?

Get him to fuck more like the guy is murder, get him up front? his scoring record for a striker is one of the worst i have seen.

12 goals in 122 games 1 goal every 10 games? and people want him up front? hes lucky to be in the team at all - he should quit moaning and get on with it.

For me hes JUST ahead of Paton for a starting place, would sooner have mackie instead of him

Incidently i think he has more bookings than he has goals for aberdeen.

Waste of space!

Agree with all the above apart from the bit highlighted in bold.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now official maguire has more bookings that goals - even despite the goal today.

Fuck me min you are like a broken record. Played well got his goal and got an unlucky red from two yellows - ignoring the cards the huns never got. But the question has to be - a goal down at the end of the game, why the fuck is a striker having to make a challenge at the back as he did to get the second yellow???

Maguire actually played well and Diamond was honking today. Fair enough your stat exists stoney but i would argue that had Maguire not played, we would have no where near been as positive as we'd have been today. I genuinely felt we were unlucky today. Just outdone by shocking defending. Again.

Unlucky today?  I thought we were miles off the pace.  We were very lucky that their defence was on valium in the first half.  All we really did of any note in the game was score twice.  Th Huns were a lot better especially in the second half. They pressed us, moved the ball pretty well and in Davis and weiss had the outstanding players of the game.  It was a real shame we had hartley out as that would have made a huge difference in midfield and I would love to see weiss try and skip away so easily from foster...... but oh yeah he's now a Hun and we have velicka on he physio table.  We deserved nothing from the game and we got it. I give pass marks to vernon and folly only though didn't think bebo,mcardle and vudjanovic were bad in spells.  Ict away will be interesting next week.    

Don't worry about him BB, he's got more teeth than he has brain cells.

Maguire could still go either way, bags of potential and flashes of real quality, cancelled out by spells of anonymity and mediocrity. But he's growing in confidence, strength and stature, and he's now a much better player than the one who once triggered me to say "Please don't tell me we're pinning our hopes on this kid."

Credit to him for chasing back and getting a foot in today, he's got some fight in him which I want to see more of.

Shame on stoney for his anti Maguire agenda, which I'd happily see less of.

Maguire could still go either way, bags of potential and flashes of real quality, cancelled out by spells of anonymity and mediocrity. But he's growing in confidence, strength and stature, and he's now a much better player than the one who once triggered me to say "Please don't tell me we're pinning our hopes on this kid."

Credit to him for chasing back and getting a foot in today, he's got some fight in him which I want to see more of.

you're spot on mate.  I thought he worked himself into the ground today and I'd happily have him play for the Dons every week if that's his attitude and application.

Agenda.

What is "the grade" at Aberdeen these days?

What would an "achievement" be for him?

Achievement...........

We'll take some baby steps, hows about a corner that finds either an aberdeen player or findings its way past the front post, a cross that isnt hit with more force than a british army rocket and actually have a chance of reaching one of our strikers without causing brain damage, or maybes to actually start playing for the team and not himself, to pull his socks up and stop moaning in the papers about "playing up front" mind i said some baby steps, lets just focus on keeping him away from the supermarkets and seeing if can live up to his potential. Hes been given a big chance to prove himself and just now he is failing.

You should organise a protest to get him sacked.

seemed to work last time =)

Achievement...........

We'll take some baby steps, hows about a corner that finds either an aberdeen player or findings its way past the front post, a cross that isnt hit with more force than a british army rocket and actually have a chance of reaching one of our strikers without causing brain damage, or maybes to actually start playing for the team and not himself, to pull his socks up and stop moaning in the papers about "playing up front" mind i said some baby steps, lets just focus on keeping him away from the supermarkets and seeing if can live up to his potential. Hes been given a big chance to prove himself and just now he is failing.

seemed to work last time =)

Been on the end of one of his crosses then i see?

Explains the agenda...

Nae as amusing as you boys fighting tooth and nail to talk him into making it at aberdeen just because he is one of your own................

Never mind if the law of averages is anything to go by we should be seeing another goal around about Christmas time.

Da sulk, its nae my fault he's shite =)