Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

McGhee challenges Maguire to turn on his Scotland form

mizer

With his current form for the U-21's, I dont think there is a chance in hell of us keeping him.

:

He'll still be with us next season I'd wager.  Getting a regular game now, where would he rather go? Celtic? Not a chance they'd want to sign him.  Down south? Maybe in 3/4 years time, but it's too early for him still.

:fingercrossedsmilie: I'm biased, however I do agree that career wise he would be better staying at Aberdeen for another few years.

I couldn't give a flying fuck where he's from.

As long as he has the talent to go with the cockiness then it's not always a bad thing.

:clap:

Totally agree Ally

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attitude appauling agian, walked on the pitch with a ronaldo attitude..........im the best in the world im the best player in the team hands on hips shaking head asked to play a role and didnt do it, got his way and played through the middle for 10-15 minutes and contributed fuck all - not the worst player today by a long shot.............but the player with the worst attitude (apart from Velicka) and yet another proud booking to add to his already high total.

Seen more from the 11 year old in 5 minutes than i had seen from maguire the whole game - even the booking  ;D

attitude appauling agian, walked on the pitch with a ronaldo attitude..........im the best in the world im the best player in the team hands on hips shaking head asked to play a role and didnt do it, got his way and played through the middle for 10-15 minutes and contributed fuck all - not the worst player today by a long shot.............but the player with the worst attitude (apart from Velicka) and yet another proud booking to add to his already high total.

Seen more from the 11 year old in 5 minutes than i had seen from maguire the whole game - even the booking  ;D

We're two points off bottom and you're still more concerned about Chris Maguire. Says it all for you.

joke poster.

We're shite for a number of reasons and Maguire ain't the definitive factor. And that's a fact stoney.

is that not what i said in my original post?

:clap:

Played out of position again today. He is NOT a winger/midfielder  :hammer:

You mis-spelt whinger.

Temper tantrum when mackie went on up-front - toys out of the pram and didnt contribute anything for the rest of the match even after he was put up top. Appauling attitude that cannot be defended nor ignored

Maybe we should be asking Billy Stark how to get the best out of him then as McGhee quite clearly can't  >:(

maybes we should just let him shoot from the half way line all the time?

Or maybes he could adjust his attitude, apply himself and start putting some real fucking effort in and EARN what he wants. Just now he has given Mcghee absolutely no reason to play him upfront.

is that not what i said in my original post?

You mis-spelt whinger.

Temper tantrum when mackie went on up-front - toys out of the pram and didnt contribute anything for the rest of the match even after he was put up top. Appauling attitude that cannot be defended nor ignored

maybes we should just let him shoot from the half way line all the time?

Or maybes he could adjust his attitude, apply himself and start putting some real fucking effort in and EARN what he wants. Just now he has given Mcghee absolutely no reason to play him upfront.

Did he steal your bird or something Stoney cause you sound very bitter  :P

Doesnt matter how many of those games are starts if you have time to get yourself booked you have time to get yourself on the score sheet.  :thumbsup:

Im Shocked that he started with a clearly unfit Velicka, Not sure what Magennis has done wrong but for me an ideal canditate to start and try and to rough up the hearts defence.

Mackie would also have done a better job.

Maguires attitude is appauling until he gets that sorted than i dont think hes going to make it here. I was one of the ones campaigning for him to get a regular game under calderwood - Doesnt matter where you play if you get picked to start a game - you do your fucking best and knock your pan in until the final whistle - i have yet to see magurie do this in an aberdeen shirt.

At a time when we need our "best" players to stand up and be counted they were nowhere to be seen on saturday. Like i said in my original post - maguire wasnt the worst - but his attitude was, for the whole time he was on the pitch there was an arrogance about his play and his reaction when mackie went on upfront said it all about him, selfish and self centered, and didnt take part until he was hooked.

Doesnt matter how many of those games are starts if you have time to get yourself booked you have time to get yourself on the score sheet.  :thumbsup:

Im Shocked that he started with a clearly unfit Velicka, Not sure what Magennis has done wrong but for me an ideal canditate to start and try and to rough up the hearts defence.

Mackie would also have done a better job.

Maguires attitude is appauling until he gets that sorted than i dont think hes going to make it here. I was one of the ones campaigning for him to get a regular game under calderwood - Doesnt matter where you play if you get picked to start a game - you do your fucking best and knock your pan in until the final whistle - i have yet to see magurie do this in an aberdeen shirt.

At a time when we need our "best" players to stand up and be counted they were nowhere to be seen on saturday. Like i said in my original post - maguire wasnt the worst - but his attitude was, for the whole time he was on the pitch there was an arrogance about his play and his reaction when mackie went on upfront said it all about him, selfish and self centered, and didnt take part until he was hooked.

It does. Play him up front and you're more likely to see a goal or a good performance.

You could say it's been a failing of both Calderwood and McGhee to not utilise him in his most effective position, when it's been shown he can score goals upfront, by his U21 form.

If you compare him to his partner at U21 level (Goodwillie at Utd) you will see he is lagging in club terms even though Maguire has been the better of the two it in the Scotland u21 games I have seen.

Both are the same age

Games started

Maguire - 63

Goodwillie - 63

Games started from the bench

Maguire - 79

Goodwillie - 51

Goals scored

Maguire - 18

Goodwillie - 29