Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Good v Evil 2010/11 Round 1

glasgow sheep

Langfields distribution is also mince. But agreed Diamond was awful today.

I thought Maguire had a good game, and actually thought his second yellow was worth because the Huns were in a good position if he didn't take him down.

McGregor and McCulloch are cunts of the highest order.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diamond was a disgrace at times today, total lack of composure and awareness. The man has moved not an inch in the last 2 or 3 years.

Ifil was also pretty appalling. The defence as a whole was thoroughly unconvincing and Ifil is now costing us goals every game, drop him. Diamond? Needs to fucking step up, he is not very good and I would not give a shiny shite if he left based on current form.

Folly, I like him. Pretty swamped and offered little help by the others in the middle. Vernon and Maguire had very good shifts and I like Vernon, a motivated Miller.

Can someone, anyone, explain how Naismith stayed on the pitch and Lee McCulloch, a fucking disgraceful player, ably assisted by the utter cunts that are Kenny Miller and McGregor. Hateful hateful people.

2 up and we fucked it up pretty much a decent synopsis of the match.

ps I continue to be impressed by Hartley's contribution, a proper captain it seems.

I agree with the vast majority of that although I actually think again that Ifil was ok in comparison to Zander who was just utter shite.

I think Folly is going to be a cracking player for us. Vernon too, knows when to move and certainly knows how to finish, keep it up man.

Hartley's already my favourite player since Russell just because he cares about us. How fucking tragic is that?

I will fight Lee McCulloch any day of the week if anyone wants to organise it.

Looks like Diamond is believing his press from a few years ago. He has had precious few good performances in the last couple of seasons and, thus far this season, is looking a similar player to Mulgrew or Kerr, form up his arse.

If he has decided to go I trust he will have his eyes on joining raselicbyraway. Here's hoping he's seen the example of Mulgrew.

I think Zander is a good player and could be a very good player for us but right now he isn't and by now should be the mainstay of that defence, he's no a boy any more and is on substantial wages by AFC standards. He needs to step up or step out but if he leaves he will have few options that will be any use. Very few go on to bigger and better, maybe bigger terms of wages but they just drop off the fucking radar on the bench at Southend or Brentford.

Looks like Diamond is believing his press from a few years ago. He has had precious few good performances in the last couple of seasons and, thus far this season, is looking a similar player to Mulgrew or Kerr, form up his arse.

If he has decided to go I trust he will have his eyes on joining raselicbyraway. Here's hoping he's seen the example of Mulgrew.

I think Zander is a good player and could be a very good player for us but right now he isn't and by now should be the mainstay of that defence, he's no a boy any more and is on substantial wages by AFC standards. He needs to step up or step out but if he leaves he will have few options that will be any use. Very few go on to bigger and better, maybe bigger terms of wages but they just drop off the fucking radar on the bench at Southend or Brentford.

Pretty much sums up my own feelings and amplifies what I said in the goalkeeper thread last week.  Diamond has never grown up as a footballer and his performance yesterday, especially in the second half, was very very poor.  What a pity we are so ravaged with suspensions and injuries that we probably can't drop him.

On a positive note, I continue to be impressed with Folly, he looks to be a very impressive acquisition for us, and on the whole McGhee's other new signings look to have improved the team.  I think Vujadinovic looks like he could be a classy player.  The jury is still out on McArdle while he continues to be played out of position.

Pretty much sums up my own feelings and amplifies what I said in the goalkeeper thread last week.  Diamond has never grown up as a footballer and his performance yesterday, especially in the second half, was very very poor.  What a pity we are so ravaged with suspensions and injuries that we probably can't drop him.

On a positive note, I continue to be impressed with Folly, he looks to be a very impressive acquisition for us, and on the whole McGhee's other new signings look to have improved the team.  I think Vujadinovic looks like he could be a classy player.  The jury is still out on McArdle while he continues to be played out of position.

Indeed, from what I've seen of Folly, he goes about his business very quietly and does a lot of tidying up. Think he could turn out to be a very shrewd signing by McGhee.

Whisper it, but Vernon certainly looks to be like the striker we could have been looking for for years. He seems very aware and certainly knows where the goal is. I doesn't bother me that he doesn't do much else.

There were positives from yesterday, obviously it was very disappointing to lose and certain players, who have been mentioned, really need to buck up their ideas. I know I mentioned it in another thread, but plaudits to Maguire. I thought he held up the ball pretty well yesterday and put in a great ball for Vernon to score. More of that every week please Maguire!

Odd game yesterday mainly because I wasn't overly aggrieved at the result.

Despite Jelavic and two others being offside when the ball for the third was first played through, him not coming fully back onside before turning back towards goal in order to run in and score the third. Jelavic going studs up at head height with Langfield not 5 minutes before Maguire got a yellow for standing on Klubfoot's toe, Weiss being almost down before Folly put in a challenge and several other incidents.

Despite losing after being two up at home.

Despite having 5 centre backs on the pitch and our defence being a panic stricken shambles.

I have to admit I was impressed by McGhee's signings, as has been said Folly looks a tidy composed player, Vujadinovic (once he gets up to pace) looks to have a decent touch and passing ability, Vernon is hard working and seems to have a hit a rich vein of form, McArdle looked good for a CB playing at RM. Of those McGhee did not sign Maguire appears to be applying himself and forming a good partnership, Mackie was decent if unspectacular on the wing and Considine was decent in an  unnatural position we all know he is uncomfortable in.

The real weak spot is the defence and with the options it is a real conundrum. I couldn't really make up my mind whether the defence lined up as it was supposed to (according to SKY) as the only one who seemed to keep his position well was Ifil the other three wandered about at a great rate. What can you expect though with so many CBs and no FBs. At the minute Diamond has to be dropped which almost solves one problem. I thought Ifil was solid at RB so I'd keep him there and play Considine and Vujadinovic at CB. What position does Jack play? Thought I read somewhere he was a full back? If so get him playing, after all this looks very much like it is going to be another transitional season and we can't continue with 4 centre backs trying to play as an orthodox back 4.

That vile bastard McGregor should've been off for kicking out at maguire. Naismith's a horrible wee fucker too. just noticed him saying ha ha to maguire at the red card. no need ya fanny.

Pictures don't do justice to how calamatous their 3rd was. Thought Langfield had fucked it up at the time, but the defence just vanished.

Took about an hour after the game before i could cheer up. Totally gutted to give huns 3 points so cheaply.

Folly, vernon and maguire all did very well. The rest didn't do too badly individually but we didn't really play like a team when we were up against it. Missed hartley very badly for his leadership.

McGhee in the Daily fucking Record.

MARK McGhee insists Walter Smith was spot on to claim Aberdeen only raise their game against Rangers.

The Pittodrie manager revealed his side's attitude is driving him crazy because they should be doing much better than sixth in the SPL.

The Rangers boss slammed the Dons' mindset af ter clinching his first Pittodrie win since returning to Ibrox almost four years ago.

And McGhee agreed though he questioned whether his counterpart was right to hit out.

He said: "I have no problems with what Walter said.

"When you look at the way the game went, you have to say he is right.

"I don't know if Walter should be saying what he did but you can hardly argue with his point of view.

"As Walter said, until we get the same level of commitment and desire to win a football match against the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Dundee United, St Mirren and all the other SPL teams we will struggle to make the impact we want.

"I hope they show it at Inverness on Saturday but I can honestly say I do not know if that will be the case.

It is almost impossible at times to predict what they are going to do.

"That does my head in. I know we have a good team here despite the injur y problems but the players need to prove they can maintain higher standards every week.

"I am convinced if some of the individuals in my team had approached the Killie game in the same manner they approached the one with Rangers we would have beaten them.

"Apart from the penalty, I felt our performance in the first half was first class. Unfortunately, the problem we have at the moment is we don't know what to expect from the team from game to game. The desire and commitment to win games must be there every week."

It is almost impossible at times to predict what they are going to do.

Err, and who's fault would that be Mark? Maybe something to do with training? Tactics? Clarity of instruction? Team selection?

BTW this is not an "anti-MMG" agenda, just a suggestion that maybe there's a reason other than the hoary old "AFC only play against rankgers"?

Me, part of my comment, or all of my comment?

Whilst I'm sure we can all agree that there's probably nothing you wouldn't do for a tenner MBT, I read TF there as meaning that it's the idea we only put in an effort Vs el Hun that is hoary and innacurate, not yourself or your comment necessarily.

I do think we tend only to turn up consistently in big games and all games against 'them' are big, but to say the only big games we ever actually have are the ones against 'them' is false. Ie I don't think we'd have played against QoS the way we did if it had been most/any SPL team. The players seemed to take the game for granted because they thought they were so much better, as I think we sometimes do in the league against the so-called diddy teams. But against Utd, hearts, the tims etc, I don't think it's lack of effort that lets us down, it's sometimes just being outplayed on the day.

In conclusion, Walter Smith is a droning old cunt with a few sandwitches short of a picnic, but hey, at least it's not ally mcfuckingcoist's opinions we're being subjected to...yet  :hammer:

There is an element of doing better in an open game as well. The old firm tend to come at you home and away as there is an onus them to win every game so they set their tactics out that way. Usually the onus is on the home team to come out attacking but if you compare say the old firm with a team that come to pittodrie to defend then it could look like they try harder against the old firm. It is probably that we are more suited to playing in an open game as opposed to a team that we have to find a way to break down.

Is the correct answer.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I was shocked to hear this am that Alan McGregor would be facing a disciplinary meeting in Prague today with regards to an off the ball incident in the Aberdeen v Rangers game which will almost definitely result in a retrospective red card.  This seemed very prompt on the SFA's part and they had clearly gone to a lot of trouble to hand out a punishment to the hun.  Why? What was the reason for this unusal behaviour?  Then the reporter said, a red card now would mean he would be available for the first OF game.  Guess that answers that question then.