Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

CIS Cup 1/4 Final

Stewart

I see the co-op have ended their sponsorship.  Shame as they have pumped significant money into the tournament and the cash won by teams was actually more than you would get in the Scottish Cup.

This would be a good opportunity to revamp the tournament back to the traditional "done by November" tournament, perhaps with the first couple of rounds on a Saturday before the league starts as I'm sure they used to do.  Was a much better tournament back then and I'm sure this more than the loss of the chance of euro football has had a significant effect on the prestige of the trophy (although tbh almost nobody puts out a weakened side for this and it seems to have suffered due to comparision to the English league cup, because I'm certain every team in the country would be desperate to win this)

• 3 weeks later...

Was always going to be the biggest match of the season to date, however, what if we win but the league form continues in such a fashion?  Do we keep him on just because we're in the semis of the cup? I'm inclined to say no and I'd hope the board would agree.

I agree, should be a no. Doubt the board will have the bottle to do the right thing though.

Was always going to be the biggest match of the season to date, however, what if we win but the league form continues in such a fashion?  Do we keep him on just because we're in the semis of the cup? I'm inclined to say no and I'd hope the board would agree.

And if McGhee gets the boot, who on earth could turn the team around . . . .    :hammer:

Guest robboafc

anyone else slightly uneasy at the prospect of the board thinking 'hmm Dodds and Chisholm are now available...'

Aye was thinking about that earlier..we could do with dodds(playing,not managing)

on the topic of the 1/4 final,think we'll just edge it just to take the pressure aff mcgoo and co,semi final to look forward to..