Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Inverness v Aberdeen

mizer

I was at the game, very shambolic performance! Particularly at the back, again!!

First goal was bizarre but Howard was caught out badly. Second goal was Diamonds fault. Sending off looked like a petulant kick or stamp? Either way it could be the end of Paton given how sparingly he's been used.

We sort of played 433 but looked well short of ideas. It mostly all Caley who played pretty well and I noticed that Butcher is constantly on the touchhole speaking to his players, even when 2-0 up.

First time I've seen Magennis. Utter pish, added nothing to the team other than making up the numbers.

Paton was sent off for a 'stamp' - but according to all accounts i've head he didn't do anything.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcghee said he is not worried, he would be if he lost that game with his full strength squad. The team that started did not look like a weak team to me. Surely any manager has a Plan B incase Plan A goes tits up. Remember 1 of the players on your injury list was injured when he signed. What about the other games we have lost when most of those players were fit.

New game same problems. Inverness like United Huns and Motherwell before them raped us down the flanks. Lack of full backs is killing us. Whoever saw McArdle and thought he was a full back should now be seeking alternative employment. Considine was tortured by Hayes. Ifil and Dimaond were murder. No organisation or fight today. Hartley cannot come back quick enough as without him we look like a team that will be relying on St Mirren to keep them in the league.

Sending off looked like a petulant kick or stamp? Either way it could be the end of Paton given how sparingly he's been used.

Was at the other side of the stand, so didnt see the actual offence... Thought though that while paton was on the field, we looked alot more lively & I'd say that if  he had stayed on, we'd have gotten a goal back at least.  Your right though, this could be the end of paton. not sure if i agree with that.

Also thought that we resorted to long balls far too often - probably down to lack of width in the team - which is probably due to injury... think i've just used up all MM's excuses there  :hammer:

New game same problems. Inverness like United Huns and Motherwell before them raped us down the flanks. Lack of full backs is killing us. Whoever saw McArdle and thought he was a full back should now be seeking alternative employment. Considine was tortured by Hayes. Ifil and Dimaond were murder. No organisation or fight today. Hartley cannot come back quick enough as without him we look like a team that will be relying on St Mirren to keep them in the league.

McArdle was recommended to MM as a centre back, NOT a full back. MM has put together a very bizarre squad, centre backs who make loads of mistakes, no full backs (so we don't have any attacking options down the flanks) a midfield with no natural wide players and loads of strikers who look incapable of scoring double figures between them. Lets get a young enhusiastic manager, with modern ideas, someone like Derek Adams perhaps!!

Last season was to be the transitional one, this one the one where we kicked on. Not looking to promising at present.

Whilst there is no doubt that injuries we are encountering and couldn't possibly have been foreseen, it has to be said that Dingus can't avoid taking a fair degree of flak over the current predicament.

In over forty years of following AFC, I've never known a time before where we've had a squad of around twenty players and not a natural full back amongst them. This is inexcusable, and if we some how manage to stumble through to January, then must be resolved during the transfer window. If necessary punt a couple of our centre backs to fund it, Zander can fuck off for starters, given the fact he's going to go at season end anyway and the fact he is a total liability at present.

I just hope it isn't too late by that time to resolve the damage done.

We were fucking rubbish in the first half, looked totally impotent and just kept launching high balls up the park.  The goal was a total fluke thoughbi would need to see it again to asses wether Howard could have done better.  I thought that we looked a lot better at the start of the second half and that an equaliser was coming then they scored the second.  This conetely nicked the stuffing out of us then when Paton went off for what looked like hee haw to me game was over. What was telling to me about patina sending off was the ict players total lack of reaction to the challenge.  Pressure is right on mcghee now, as has been mentioned our defence was all over the place.  Hayes tore considine a new one in the first half and the defending for the second goal was completely schoolboy.  A very bad day at the office

Just watched the highlights and as i thought at the time the usual suspects are being over-negative, any excuse to blame howard is being taken despite the fact the shot was a total fluke - how people could say that was a blunder or a howler is beyond me. Looks like we created most of the chances and we unlucky not to be one up - seen tokely do far worse and get away with it. Appauling defending by diamond again let us down.

Awful decision by the ref for the red card. 

Yup. Agree with all of that.

Was Mackie as efffective through the 90 mins as seems to be the case in the highlights. He was unlucky a couple of times.

Yet again the standard of refereeing is called in question as the utter lack of cosistency is clear. Tokely should have been off.

With Paton's red it seemed that the caley player went through Paton not making contact with the ball, luckily paton turned him and got tangled up in his legs.

Never a sending off in a million years. Surely worth an appeal. 

It the appeal is successful i bet they downgrade it to a yellow card even though there was nothing in it.

Otherwise it might make the ref look silly you know

Since we have appealed it does that mean Paton is free to play until the appeals board meets? (As always seems to be the case with hearts)