Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Comparing the ECWC team with today's footballers

Kowalski

Rougvie was hardly unique though. He was probably THE stereotypical 80s full back. An athlete with tree trunk legs who'd bomb about all day. Stuart Pearce, Viv Anderson, Mel Sterland, Gary Stevens types.

I'd say there has been a move away from that type of fullback though the boy Ivanovic fae Chelsea is a possible.

Black = Berbatov?

I would have thought Jerome Boateng was a bit of a throw back to an '80s full back at least in stature and physicality.

Guest ally s

Miller - Baresi

Interesting one. Gabriele Marcotti has stated on more than one occasion that Willie Miller was a better player than Baresi.  I can see the comparison though.

Both good shouts.

I'm surprised none of the younger fans have accused us all of being mad what with some of the names being compared, but the ECWC team were that good!  :thumbsup:

I thought yesterday that maybe we were overstating their worth and also it should be remembered that they were  team, more than the sum of their parts.

But in my eyes those parts, the Gothenburg Legends, are heroes and the these cunts from today couldn't hold a torch to them. :)

I thought yesterday that maybe we were overstating their worth and also it should be remembered that they were  team, more than the sum of their parts.

But in my eyes those parts, the Gothenburg Legends, are heroes and the these cunts from today couldn't hold a torch to them. :)

What he said