Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

If Our Manager Wasn't Mark McGhee...

BobbyBiscuit

I wisnae joking about Turnbull

A lot of you youngsters here dont realise that he is the "type" we need right now. He came in in 66(?) and at the end of his first season freed something like 16 first teamers and built a squad that would win games but not be pretty. 2 years later we were cup winners and the only real challengers to cellics 9inarorowgodsfreverjockstein team.

We need that now

Showing your age now  :thumbsup:

But I know what you are saying my dad has told me the story many times in the last 20 years when we were shouting for a managers head. He would say we need a turnbull to do a major clear out.

Although these days with contracts and More money needed to replace players it might be harder to do.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Strachan.  Your time of destiny is upon you!

Don't think he'll touch us with a barge pole

To be honest not really sure who we should get, but there wil always bew plenty of folk out there who think they are the one to suceed where so many other have tried and failed

Quote from: Labirinth7 on April 12, 2010, 01:15:05 AM

This mess is completely the board of directors fault.  We had assembled a great squad in 06/07 which went on to finish 3rd.  They then cashed in to the first bidders and have chronically underinvested since. :-[ Its not MM or JC's fault.  The current predicament is a result of cutbacks to wages. 

I only wish that the board had given JC the near million quid it cost to repace him to spend on players last summer. I think we would then have been looking forward to europe again next season.

Déjà vu folks?

Yay. someone gets it!

This is the AFC way. If the rumblings of discontent get too loud. our intrepid board of directors take the short term option time and time again.  They sack the manager. Twenty years this has been the cycle of failure,

League position slips under current manager.

Red army get pissed off

board say they support the current emcumbment

Red army get more pissed off and moan louder about it

board say they support manager again BUT GIVE HIM NO MORE CASH TO WORK WITH

Relegation/embarassment looms. sacking

drag in new manager

Start at top

All this has been is a diversion from the utter ineptitude as to how this club is run.

So, he is therefore a scapegoat

100% spot on.

How can it be the manager's fault when we have sold or let go every quality player we've had in last 5 years and each time replaced them with lesser value players?

Totally Milne & the board that have killed AFC.

And to the retards calling for McGhee to go.

1. We don't have the money to waste doing it, and

2. Who the fuck would replace him? Couldn't afford compo so would need to be someone out of a job who was interested in helming the fucking titanic of football.

Also, bad day, but we are still a fair way off a relegation playoff, yet.....

100% spot on.

How can it be the manager's fault when we have sold or let go every quality player we've had in last 5 years and each time replaced them with lesser value players?

Totally Milne & the board that have killed AFC.

And to the retards calling for McGhee to go.

1. We don't have the money to waste doing it, and

2. Who the fuck would replace him? Couldn't afford compo so would need to be someone out of a job who was interested in helming the fucking titanic of football.

Also, bad day, but we are still a fair way off a relegation playoff, yet.....

So your explanation for McGhee deciding to have 7 strikers and no full backs is...?????

The Directors will always find money to sack a shite manager.

Milnes had nae much to do with this een. Miller appointed the clown - Miller should be sacked inna.

McGhee made a disaster of his first season - so he had less funds to spend - that's McGhee's fault.

Yeah but McGhee was the "fans choice" apparently.