Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Does Nobody Care Anymore?

bloo_toon_red

Close them down. Distribute their assets in an NFL draft manner, worst club in Scotland gets first choice, with a caveat players HAVE to see out at least one year of their contract. Convert the 2 stadia into facilities for the Commonwealth games or other sports so there's no "ties". Expunge all records of the two teams from the history of Scottish football.

Yes I'm living in La-la-cloud-coockoo-land here, but it's a fresh approach?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick skim of the comments in that survey IMO only proves the adage that people will moan about everything particularly if it upsets their current routine

I find the complaint of inconsistent seasons every couple of years to fit around the euros and world cups would piss off the fans to be a bit bizarre.

One season you have june off, the next you dont. Id say that is pretty consistent and personally I think having a 4 week break to watch a major international tournament before going straight back into the SPL would be great. SPL season finishes and you can turn your eyes down south or onto the continent for a couple of months to fill the void.

Some said we would need a longer break because of the build up but for fuck sake its not as if the entire SPL playing squad is buggering off and we wont have anyone to play the games. Chances are the old firm lose 4 players and the rest of the SPL lose max 1 each. If we can suffer 4 weeks without Hartley, Aluko and several other stars due to injury im sure we can do the same when they are playing for their country. In fact if scotland did actually qualify, given the number of scotland players who play in scotland Id think these would be the seasons you see rangers and celtic shitting themselves because the other SPL teams have full squads while they are having to use reserves for 2 months.

There was also the point that new signings would arrive tired. I belive a certain Cato Guntveit, Arild Stavrum & Peter Kjaer all arived with us after having no rests between seasons and were 3 of our best players at the time.

I am slightly biased here but I have yet to hear an actual negative reason for summer scottish football that will make me think 'hmmm perhaps we should stay as we are'

Champions league - No fixtures from 2nd week december till 2nd Week February

UEFA cup - No fixtures from 3rd week december till 2nd week February

Euro championship qualifiers - All fixtures played between August & October

World Cup Qualifiers - All fixtures played between March & October