Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Rambos v Jambos

maverick sheep

It's not doing me any good wallowing in the miserable couple of weeks we've had so I think I'll start looking forwards optimistically.

Who's going to be back fit?

Pawlett seems out for a fair while. Aluko and Hartly maybe? Velicka...?

Should Paton and Zander be dropped?

Zander I'd definately want dropped but with Vuja out I can't think of a fit back 4 without him or untested yoofs unfortunately. Paton actually looks a good player but since he hasn't played I think dropping him would make no real difference and would send the right message....but if zander isn't dropped then it would be total hypocrisy to drop Paton. Also AFC have said fuck all to indicate they think the players should be punished. Maybe we're not a club who can afford to have scruples. And wouldn't it be just like zander to turn in one of his rare good performances this weekend? As with everything AFC, I'm very ambivalent about that.

What kind of result are we looking at?

Hearts have looked very patchy and if we can't raise our game at home to these swine then I don't know how the club can expect to attract people to games for the rest of the year.

My early feeling is the lads willll be up for it and if we battle, will win.

My biggest worry is that the police will be confiscating cerry oots from the train back south. Half bottle of vodka in my pants may be the future  ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to get excited about this, I really am, so I'm focussing on hopefully having both Hartley and Aluko back. We really need to get this season on track. I could see this being a hard faught draw, and to be honest, with the way we're playing, I'd take it. Though obviously being at home I'd hope we win, I just can't see it. Hopefully Hartley can inspire them to find a backbone once more.

Should say as well I'll be fucking delighted to get back to club football this weekend. International breaks are fucking shit, I just wanted the Dons to get back out there and make amends for last Saturday. Only good thing is if Hartley and/or Aluko are now fit for this weekend.  COME ON YE REDS!!!!

Aberdeen FC duo warned over mistakes

McGhee considers options

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 14/10/2010

ABERDEEN FC duo Zander Diamond and Jerel Ifil were today warned there’s no guarantee they will start Saturday’s SPL clash with Hearts at Pittodrie.

Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee hinted at changes to the centre of his defence in an effort to end a run of five league games without a victory.

The Aberdeen FC manager has slated Diamond and Ifil for making costly individual errors during the course of that run, including when they lost 2-0 away to Inverness Caley Thistle in their last match.

McGhee said: “You can’t just keep picking the same players and hope the problems at the back will sort themselves out.”

MARK McGHEE has warned cock-up stars Zander Diamond and Jerel Ifil they are going to be dropped.

Diamond and Ifil have been singled out by Aberdeen gaffer McGhee for a series of high-profile howlers.

McGhee has seen his struggling side pick up just one point from their last five league matches and knows the big problem is his dire defence.

He has already rotated his keepers, with former St Mirren No1 Mark Howard back in after Jamie Langfield failed to make the most of his recall chance.

However, McGhee is concerned by the errors made by Diamond and Ifil - and they are almost certain to be dropped for tomorrow's visit of Hearts.

McGhee said: "You just can't keep picking the same players and hope the problems at the back will sort themselves out.

"We are now at the stage where we have to consider if trying someone else or maybe changing the way we are set up could be the solution.

"Rory McArdle and Andrew Considine are capable of doing a decent job at centre-back.

"Ryan Jack can also play at full-back so we aren't without options"

I thought options was precisely what we were without.

Fuck knows, I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Diamond and Ifil are in the starting eleven tomorrow though.  I don't think McGhee has the bollocks to drop them both.