Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Rambos v Jambos

maverick sheep

Do we have anyone at all who could possibly slot into left back tomorrow?

I was planning on watching the match but if needs must...........

Seriously though, apart from bringing in a player from the U19s I think we're pretty much fucked for a left back tomorrow if Considine plays in the centre (he won't).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on watching the match but if needs must...........

Seriously though, apart from bringing in a player from the U19s I think we're pretty much fucked for a left back tomorrow if Considine plays in the centre (he won't).

True enough. I thought we had a yoof player that could play LB?!? Far from ideal, but I'd rather put in a player that was natural to that position than Consi. He should be playing in the centre with fuck knows who else. The problem is as you say, MM will not have the cahones to drop either of the under performing players.

Fuck knows, I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Diamond and Ifil are in the starting eleven tomorrow though.  I don't think McGhee has the bollocks to drop them both.

I think it could be suicide to drop them both.  He's already chopped and changed his mind with the goalkeepers and to comletely change arguably the most important unit of the team would show weak management.  Personally speaking, Ifil and Considine played reasonably well together at the beginning of last season so I'd go with the two of them, perhaps with Jack or the young lad Robertson at left-back.  It's the perfect opportunity for McGhee to prove he'll give young players a chance when the time comes.

‘Ryan has earned the right for key role with Aberdeen FC’

McGhee is backing youngster

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 15/10/2010

RYAN Jack was today promised a key role in this weekend’s SPL clash with Hearts.

Aberdeen FC face the Jam Tarts at Pittodrie tomorrow (3pm) desperate to end a run of five league games without a win.

Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee hopes to have skipper Paul Hartley, winger Sone Aluko and striker Andrius Velicka available again after injury.

But he confirmed that Jack, the outstanding performer when Aberdeen FC lost 2-0 at Inverness in their last outing, will retain his place regardless of who else is available.

I was at the ICT game and there were no oustanding perfomers for the Dons.

Ifil is hopeless and should be dropped. At fault for the first goal against the Huns and partially at fault for the second and again lucky to escape not being at fault for another goal at ICT. No distribution, no strength, no idea, and has been a first team regular for too long now. He seems to have no clue positionally wise or tactically and is a liability.

Diamond is a tough one but continuing the form that he has shown so far, then he would have no-one else to blame but himself if he was dropped. I would probably start with him against Hearts.

What position does Stirling Smith play? Is he not a left back? And is Ryan Jack not meant to be a right back?

Ifil is hopeless and should be dropped. At fault for the first goal against the Huns and partially at fault for the second and again lucky to escape not being at fault for another goal at ICT. No distribution, no strength, no idea, and has been a first team regular for too long now. He seems to have no clue positionally wise or tactically and is a liability.

Diamond is a tough one but continuing the form that he has shown so far, then he would have no-one else to blame but himself if he was dropped. I would probably start with him against Hearts.

What position does Stirling Smith play? Is he not a left back? And is Ryan Jack not meant to be a right back?

Left back for Peterhead.

Don't suppose anyone has found out if the game actually is on In walkabout at 3?

Dont imagine any foreign satellite station will be showing this game and I think walkabout is a bit too high profile to be using 'illegal' satelite channels anyway.

Few weeks back there was talk of PJ champs showing the kilmarnock game at 3 but when people turned up the bar staff looked somewhat bemused when the couldnt find it on any of their channels.