maverick sheep

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The below is from Bamber over on the Hat from his "just in..." post:

some positives

McCardles best gaem and the best looking centre back pairing so far this season

liked the first half - football wasnt the best BUT game had a real edge to it a nice battle that you felt was one bad tackle away from a mass brawl

ok the gamble

Aluko and Velicka - Neither were anywhere near fit, in fact i cant honestly tell you that velicka will be any good or not - he was that unfit it would be totally unfair

Aluko was unfit also however even a 40% fit aluko can raise the odd bit of excitement - spent most of the team just walking around with 3 or 4 bursts of energy needs time to come back

Hartley was strong enough to start but no where near enough for a full game

so the move around made us look better in defence - BUT we are still vulnerable as soo as Kyle pulled in from outside of jack to inside of him and got between Jack and diamond you could see the danger

As a gamble it didnt work simples as

Midfield was far to far separtated from the forwards and alukos lack of energy meant he couldnt get up fast enough to support - vernon was too isolated yes he had velicka BUT velicka was a traffic cone totally impobile totally unfit

poor poor game poor poor formation poor poor choice of players

ANNOYING now

Howard takes an injury on the stroke of half time - and no warm up for the spare keeper? no word form the dressing room that he might need to come off? wtf is going on

OK can we get better - yes we can

defence looks better now

aluko even 40% fit offers a better option than mackie or young on the left or even a 4 3 3 ! (I dont know that he was a better option than Paton today btw)

we had a decent looking bench (in fact the bench was in hindsight were some should have been and those on the bench on the pitch)

Now i'm nowhere near as enthusiastic as mcghee based on that radio interview but it could get a bit better, it cant get worse - can it

Sounds like the gamble of playing Velicka from the start was a poor decision.

Mackie had been playing quite well recently, and got dropped.

Maguire was doing okay up front before his suspension, but gets moved to wide again.

Velicka should have been on the bench.

Sounds like the gamble of playing Velicka from the start was a poor decision.

Mackie had been playing quite well recently, and got dropped.

Maguire was doing okay up front before his suspension, but gets moved to wide again.

Velicka should have been on the bench.

Quite remarkable decision.

Made complete cunt of it again.

McGhee upbeat despite loss:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9099183.stm

"We've stalled and not really got our season started and there were signs today of what's to come," said the manager after the 1-0 loss to Hearts.

"It was a disappointing goal to lose, otherwise I was satisfied. I was delighted to have the players who have been out injured back.

"I think that is going to make all the difference. I remain very optimistic."

Aye, a relegation battle.  :-[