Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Olympics 2012

Kowalski

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet he has a tiny cock. Ironic, given that he is a massive cock.

He is an 18 year old laddie who lost his dad - give him a break!!

Absolutely stunning from heat to semi to final. Seemed utterly dumbfounded by the whole thing, even after her heat win.

As an aside how fucking woeful is Linker? How the fuck dud he get chosen to present prime time coverage? Clueless moron. And Thorpe must be on drugs, he looks mental.  On the plus side moorehouse and jamieson are excellent for the swimming commentary.

I met him when he was competing in the Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh in 1986 - sound guy  :thumbsup:

Have we won any medals yet?

Thought we were gonna get 100 golds or something to justify the expense?

Why the fuck are you being so negative about the bloody games, it is so so boring to read  >:D

Why the fuck are you being so negative about the bloody games, it is so so boring to read 

I am not being negative, I'm just being realistic. I'd love us to win shit-loads of stuff, and trust me here I'm not popular cheering against team USA, but, realistically (and I know it's early) we aren't living up to the hype are we? Maybe the pressure of competing at home?

I'm online everyday to find how team GB are doing, because, as you would expect, we get team USA coverage here, so dinna give me "negative" shite please.

So many NE athletes are involved in finals.  There's been at least three in swimming finals (Miley, Carry, Renwick), and David Florence is up in the canoe semi final this afternoon, and Katherine Grainger looked superb in the rowing yesterday.

The GB male gymnnastics team did superbly to get a bronze today.  I have to say i'm enjoying watching the games a lot more than I thought I would.

I was a cracking performance, was just glad Japan got the deserved silver ;) GB Womens basketball was also a great watch and they were unlucky not to beat Canada. Far better effort than the men put in the day before.

Olympics is a lot of shite.

1. People suddenly become interested in sports they never watch.

2. All the good sports are well represented throughout the calendar year anyway.

Some of these sports are never shown on Terrestrial TV though.  I think it's a great opportunity to watch some cracking sport.

Really could not give a fuck about the vast majority of it.

Cycling? Swimming? Shooting? Sailing? Horseyshite? Baws.

Bints beach volleyball and badminton and the hunner yerds.

Cycling and Swimming are about the only things I've watched so far. Caught a bit of the waterpolo which was pretty good and dip in and out of the boxing which can be pretty entertaining.  Found myself watching archery the other day with crowds going mental, bizarre.

Rewind a couple weeks and the same people bumping their gums about the Olympics were getting carried away about some dour Scottish cunt with a bat or a bunch of Yanks getting rained on in Royal Lytham.

Horses (if that's your thing) for courses  (if that's your thing).

Well fuck me, you're right, I now like all of it, thanks for that.

Oops.

You must have me confused with someone that gives a fuck what you like.

I just don't get the mass negativity?  As someone said earlier; if you don't like it, don't watch it.

No oops. But thanks for trying.

That's kinda the point though, there are so many sports to watch. I don't care for the vast majority of it. But I have enjoyed a couple of the sports.

Most of it is bollocks though.

What I like about the Olympics is that there is (almost) something for everyone. I have found myself watching sports that I normally wouldn't otherwise, and learning something new about each one. Of course you could watch them any time of year if interested but there is something decent about watching professional young athletes at the pinnacle of their sport. Much more respect due to these guys rather than overpaid primadonnas who grace the EPL and the likes who think they've 'made it' because they own a Bentley.  ::)

If the Olympics has the effect of even encouraging a fraction of this nations youngsters to become more active and take an interest in a 'sport' instead of becoming another generation of lardy-arsed layabouts then I'm all for it.

Horse-trotting is pish though.

I was a cracking performance, was just glad Japan got the deserved silver ;) GB Womens basketball was also a great watch and they were unlucky not to beat Canada. Far better effort than the men put in the day before.

Yeah I agree that Japan did deserve the silver and certainly added a bit of excitement to it all. Basketball was really good, an exciting game.

Just started watching the swimming, first I've watched today though.