Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Olympics 2012

Kowalski

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not being negative, I'm just being realistic. I'd love us to win shit-loads of stuff, and trust me here I'm not popular cheering against team USA, but, realistically (and I know it's early) we aren't living up to the hype are we? Maybe the pressure of competing at home?

I'm online everyday to find how team GB are doing, because, as you would expect, we get team USA coverage here, so dinna give me "negative" shite please.

You called us folk with tickets "olympic whores" in a previous post so I rest my case  :P

I love the gymnastics, it is fantastic to watch and I can't wait to be in the North Grenwich Arena on Saturday  :thumbsup:

Sick to death of seeing England flags at the Olympics. Erm ... England aren't at the Olympics, ya bunch o' fuckwits

It's in England though, and there's over a hundred English athletes competing.

You're making a mountain outta a molehill.

Too many fucking South Korean flags though.

Are the Kiws happy they are above the Aussies in the medal table?

It's not that big a point really. The kiwis are just happy to get some gold medals. Not sure where the Aussies are gonna get their medals from, though. Usually they rely on the swimming pool to get most of their medals, but they've been shite in the swimming pool this year

Had a fantastic day at the Olympics yesterday, as well as the best ever sing song on the train home with a bunch of rugby guys who got on at Newcastle having been to the Brazil game  :thumbsup:

Sitting here today with my Scotland flag crying at Andy Murray winning gold and the 2 lads getting silver and bronze in the pommel horse  ;D

And the 100m still to come...........................

I think its been a superb games so far, with some real drama.  It's been a huge success so far, very memorable.

Highlights for me are Mo Farah and Andy Murray, both fantastic achievements.  I am going to the Athletics on Saturday night and should see Bolt in the 4x100m relay and Farah in the 5K.

Swimming has been a tad disappointing for GB though. Loads of good Scottish performances, but overall the swimmers have been over shadowed by the track & field, rowing and cycling.

I'm in the Netherlands at the moment, but I believe I now have a gold post box near my flat when I get back!

Andy Murray played the best Tennis of his life to make Federer look average. And I've never seen Federer look average. That in itself is a fantastic achievement. Beating him in straight sets in 2 hours was just phenomenal. As was the way he ruthlessly despatched Djokovic in the semi. The way he's handled the Wimbledon final defeat has done him the absolute power of good and winning the gold has surely helped him to see that he does have the mental toughness that he's lacked at times. I'm pretty pleased that I put a score on Murray for the US Open after the Wimbledon final.

Am I right in thinking that they don't get ranking points for taking part in the Olympics?

Am I right in thinking that they don't get ranking points for taking part in the Olympics?

They were talking about that yesterday.  They do but is something like the 15th top ranked event and gets 750pts instead of 2000pts for winning gold (or something like that). McEnroe was advocating having the Olympics ranked alongside the Slams in terms of ranking points.

Got back from London on Saturday and have to say, everything* about the Olympics was brilliant.

I only really went as I figured it's something I'd never have the opportunity to do again, but balls to that, anytime it's in Europe i'll be there! A great way to spend a few days.

*except the Fitba', it was pish. Fuck knows what I was expecting.