Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Olympics 2012

Kowalski

Was it nae an absolute nightmare getting around? Did you have to use public transport or did the bird that you've managed to hypnotise drive you everywhere?

Can honestly say, that it's not been a nightmare at all.  Granted I cycle to work so the general day to day has been fine, but when i've had to use public transport it's not been bad.  Only balls up is the diversions in central london for the Olympic Roads which completely fucked me on Friday.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it nae an absolute nightmare getting around? Did you have to use public transport or did the bird that you've managed to hypnotise drive you everywhere?

TBH be honest, the Public Transport was the best i've ever seen it in London. The only time I even had to queue was for the Javelin outta the Olympic park at closing time on Friday, and even then, it was something like a 7 minute wait for the 2nd train.

Potential new bird's chauffeuring was disappointing. Wasn't helped by her car being in Inverurie and her being in Reading though.

TBH be honest, the Public Transport was the best i've ever seen it in London. The only time I even had to queue was for the Javelin outta the Olympic park at closing time on Friday, and even then, it was something like a 7 minute wait for the 2nd train.

How good is that train?!? Have to say I was impressed with it and meant I avoided the general hell of the Central Line  :thumbsup:

Ooft, what a run by the American women in the 4x100 relay. And what a fuck up by team GB in the mens relay. What was that, the 6th consecutive event since 2008?!?!

Useless bastards (the men).  I'm going tonight, so little bit pissed off they won't be in the final, but hopefully the Jamaicans go for a world record.

Amazing run from the women last night.

Fingers crossed for Mo Farah tonight, it'll be amazing if he does it again!

I've enjoyed the games thoroughly. Although I admit I steered well clear of the opening and closing ceremonies. I'm not a known giver of fucks when it comes to ceremonies. This year I've enjoyed The Olympics and Wimbledon much. much more than I enjoyed Euro 2012. It was pish.

Saturday night at the Olympic stadium was the best sporting occasion I've ever been to.  What an amazing atmosphere, especially during the men's 5000m.

What a legend Mo Farah is.

It's been a brilliant two weeks, the best Olympics ever.

But how much were the pies?

The pies were a bit expensive, so was the drink - £4.60 for "ale", £5 for a pint of Heineken.  I should it should be expected though.

Really? I only paid £4.60 for a pint of Heineken.  I fully expected it to be a lot more, especially since the bottles they were selling were going for £4.30 :o

Apart from Maccy D's, I never managed to get any other food because the queues were too long :(