Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Olympics 2012

Kowalski

My taxes paying to redevlop shitty parts of London? My taxes subsidising the most subsidised part of the UK?

"Overground station"? Fuck me, I wish I had ANY sort of public transportation near my house in Scotland...................in fact apart from living in Aberdeen I've NEVER had "access" to public transport and still had to pay the highest fuel costs.............

I'd like to be able to catch a bus, even, without a 3 mile walk, once a day, Monday, Wednesday, Friday only, and you want a train on a Sunday?

Bourgeouise cunt  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JK5kChbRw

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I get your point, but to say it's to "london's" benefit is a bit wide of the mark. There are certain areas, namely the are surrounding and including the olympic park and a few areas of the country which will certainly get a required uplift. Whether thats a good thing , I'm not sure, and I know many in Glasgow are having the same chat.

My taxes paying to redevlop shitty parts of London? My taxes subsidising the most subsidised part of the UK?

"Overground station"? Fuck me, I wish I had ANY sort of public transportation near my house in Scotland...................in fact apart from living in Aberdeen I've NEVER had "access" to public transport and still had to pay the highest fuel costs.............

I'd like to be able to catch a bus, even, without a 3 mile walk, once a day, Monday, Wednesday, Friday only, and you want a train on a Sunday?

Bourgeouise cunt  ;)

You should have moved then...

oh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13670354

About a million people who applied for London 2012 Olympic Games tickets did not receive any in the ballot, BBC London has learnt.

Some 1.8 million people applied for the 6.6 million public tickets available. About 55% of applicants missed out.

There is a second ballot for those who were unsuccessful but no seats remain for the opening and closing ceremonies, or any athletics finals.

:hammer:

:hammer:

OK, by that logic (even more sad and pathetic than mine).......

I don't live in London, WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I BE PAYING FOR THEM WITH MY TAXES?

Well said!

Bigger question is why MY tax money should be spent on teachers when I don't go to school! It's a disgrace.

2 of my bosses are on the London Olympic Committee as Lloyds is one of the main sponsors and even they can't get tickets - one of them was talking to Jason Gardner and the athletes are been pretty much shafted too with no tickets for them either to watch their team mates or take their families

2 of my bosses are on the London Olympic Committee as Lloyds is one of the main sponsors and even they can't get tickets - one of them was talking to Jason Gardner and the athletes are been pretty much shafted too with no tickets for them either to watch their team mates or take their families

Where the fuck have all the tickets gone then??? A mate of mine told me at the weekend that they knew some folk who were working on the projects and got 20 tickets each! I can certainly say that is not the case for us :hammer:

Where the fuck have all the tickets gone then??? A mate of mine told me at the weekend that they knew some folk who were working on the projects and got 20 tickets each! I can certainly say that is not the case for us :hammer:

There's nothing else for it, we're going to have to enter some of the events!  :thumbsup:

Apparently thanks to EU laws you can buy tickets through other countries allocations, they were talking about being able to apply on the French website yesterday.

Seems a bit shit if the competitors aren't allowed to have their families in the stadium, but I guess if all competitors were given 2 tickets each that would be a pretty large proportion, especially in smaller venues.

Talking of entering events I have foolishly agreed to captain a ladies team in my work's 5-a-side competition  :o

I have never ever played football in my life - I think I have taken penalties a couple of times and that is it

I have knee high socks and a dons top and I need to learn how to tackle and score goals in a week  ;D

Turns out I got tickets for, I assume, more than one event given the amount that came out. Money didn't go out till the last day, by which point I'd given up looking. Just waiting on the cryptic crossword clues for what I'm getting to go and see now. I'm going to assume one is either the fitba qf at Cardiff or show-jumping as two of each of those were kids tickets, but that leaves enough for one of the athletics sessions or the team sprints at the velodrome.

The whole process is still a pile of shit though.

Talking of entering events I have foolishly agreed to captain a ladies team in my work's 5-a-side competition  :o

I have never ever played football in my life - I think I have taken penalties a couple of times and that is it

I have knee high socks and a dons top and I need to learn how to tackle and score goals in a week  ;D

Perhaps purchasing some shorts should be first on the things to do

We would like to thank you for applying for London 2012 Olympic Games tickets.

Due to the overwhelming demand for tickets, we are sorry that you have not been allocated the tickets you requested. We can confirm that we have not taken any payment from you.

Demand for tickets greatly exceeded supply in the sessions and price categories you applied for. Where sessions were oversubscribed, we undertook a random ballot to allocate tickets in the fairest possible way. We had applications for more than 20 million tickets, seeing huge demand across many sports. Two-thirds of all price categories were oversubscribed and went to ballot.

We would like to invite you to take advantage of an exclusive opportunity to purchase some of the remaining tickets, in advance of those customers who were allocated tickets in the initial application phase.

From 6am on 24 June until 6pm on 3 July 2011 you will be able to request some of the remaining tickets on the London 2012 ticketing website

:-[