Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Olympics 2012

Kowalski

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got tickets for Volleyball, Badminton & Boxing!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Although, i'm nae gonna go to the Boxing as it's 8 days after the other 2 and i'm nae spending 8 days in Londn waiting for the fucking boxing.

So if anybody wants 2 tickets to the fucking boxing gimmie a shout.

I got tickets for Volleyball, Badminton & Boxing!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Although, i'm nae gonna go to the Boxing as it's 8 days after the other 2 and i'm nae spending 8 days in Londn waiting for the fucking boxing.

So if anybody wants 2 tickets to the fucking boxing gimmie a shout.

where is the boxing venue? The Excel?

Anybody else get excited when the email started "Congratulations! You have been allocated some of the greatest tickets on Earth!" ?

I thought "Yass 100m final!!!" then scrolled down to discover I'd got boxing at the eXcel and a fitba quarter final in Cardiff.

• 6 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-16628873

Aberdeen will play host to the Cameroon team as it finalises its preparations for the London Olympics, it has been announced.

A total of 60 athletes and staff across 11 sports will come to the city between 2 and 16 July.

The team will be based at RGU Sport and Aberdeen Sports Village.

It follows a recent visit to Aberdeen by a representative of the African country's Olympic committee.

Aberdeen City Council's chief executive Valerie Watts said: "By working in partnership we have successfully secured funding for this bid.

"As the country prepares for the Olympic and Paralympic Games our schools and community programme will encourage the whole community to access sporting opportunities which will hopefully encourage a life-long interest in sport and the benefits it brings.

"It also helps bring the excitement and thrill of London 2012 closer to home."

Scottish Sports Minister Shona Robison said: "I am delighted that the world-class sports facilities in Aberdeen will be playing host to the Cameroon team and I look forward to welcoming them to the north of Scotland.

"Securing pre-Games training camps not only gives Scotland the opportunity to showcase our facilities but also allows us to promote our nation and its people as a place to visit and do business for both London 2012, Glasgow 2014 and beyond."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sychronised Swimming tickets were for a test event  :(

Jonathan Edwards was brilliant  :thumbsup:

How did you find it? I've got tickets for our project (Water Polo) for both the test event (womens final) and some game time tickets. Quite excited to see it all finished!

• 3 months later...

How did you find it? I've got tickets for our project (Water Polo) for both the test event (womens final) and some game time tickets. Quite excited to see it all finished!

I didn't bother with the synchronised swimming but I have manged to get tickets for a gymnastics trampoline final so quite excited about that  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

So, anyone else up for this yet?  I can't wait now, should be excellent.

24 channels, 1 for each sport, on the BBC via the red button!

And I'm going to the final night of the athletics (hopefully Mo Farah in the 5K and Usain Bolt in the 4x100 metres).

I'm leaving for London tomorrow straight after work.

Got tickets for 5 separate events.

Should be good.

Even managed to bump some free accommodation for my 10 night stay  8)

(p.s. Will take any unwanted track/swimming tickets off any cunt who wants shot of them)

Having been round the park, it looks fantastic, i'm quite excited even if it is going to be a ball ache for the public transport. 

Got tickets for Water Polo and Hockey.

Enjoy your time down here Dave!  :thumbsup: How did you manage to get free accommodation? Is it legal? ;)

Enjoy your time down here Dave!  :thumbsup: How did you manage to get free accommodation? Is it legal? ;)

Stroke of luck really - possible future bird got sent to Londontown for 6 weeks and she invited me down to stay with her.

So all my cooking, cleaning & accomodation is sorted  :thumbsup:

I have boxing tickets if anyone wants them?

When for?

More than 40,000 fans are expected to watch the opening games at the national stadium but about 34,000 were given away rather than paid for. A total of eight games are due to be played there over the next 10 days.

BBC Scotland's Olympics correspondent Kheredine Idessane said officials did not know how many people would turn up for Wednesday's games at the 52,000-seater stadium. He said: "They have issued 41,000 tickets but they have actually only sold 6,500. More than 34,000 have been given away to youth groups, charities and sports clubs. It all depends on how many people turn up who have been offered these free tickets."