Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen v Falkirk - CIS Cup Q/final

Tyrant

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Sun, but that aside, sounds like Hartley is saying the right things. Let's hope the team is up for this tonight.

PAUL HARTLEY has revealed Falkirk boss Steven Pressley is inspiring him to become the first Aberdeen captain since 1995 to hoist some silverware.

The Scotland midfielder, 34, is out to add to his five winner's medals by following the lead of old Hearts skipper Pressley.

Ironically, the Bairns gaffer will stand in his way when the clubs clash in the Co-operative Insurance Cup quarter final at Pittodrie tonight.

Pressley and Hartley lifted the Scottish Cup at Hearts and showed courage with Craig Gordon as the Riccarton Three voiced concerns about Vladimir Romanov's reign.

And Hartley said: "People talk about captains and he's one of the guys I learned from as far as being a proper leader on and off the park goes.

"Steven is someone you can rely on, he's someone you can trust and I have a lot of respect and time for him.

"During his time at Hearts he proved he was a quality leader for that club.

"He is new to management but even playing alongside Steven at Hearts I knew that was the route for him as he always spoke about it and wanted it.

"I know what he's about and Steven will have had us watched numerous times so he'll point out our strengths and weaknesses.

"He'll have made them well aware of what's at stake and there's been a bit of needle in the press the last couple of days but that's part and parcel of being a manager.

"I will wish him all the best but the only priority for me is trying to win the game for Aberdeen."

In addition to that trophy with Hearts, Hartley also won two SPL titles, a League Cup Final and Scottish Cup Final during his days at Celtic.

And while he may have celebrated his 34th birthday last week that hasn't blunted his appetite for more honours.

In fact he's told the current crop of Dons players that it's time they lived up to the glorious history of the club.

He added: "I have talked to the players and told them what it means not just to us but to the city, staff and the fans to get Aberdeen to the last four.

"We don't want to come away thinking about what should have been so we have to prepare right and give it all we have got.

"The hunger to win is still there for me but we have a lot of guys up from down south who don't know too much about the history of the club.

"When you walk down the corridors at Pittodrie you are soon aware of it and we are trying to bring something of that back now.

"We want to get there and win it and when you look at the clubs who have won trophies over the years, I don't see why we can't do it."

Andrew Considine is ruled out for the Dons but defender Zander Diamond and Yoann Folly are both back fit.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3196360/Paul-plans-to-become-Elvis-impersonator.html#ixzz13SCClUZl

COME ON EWE REDS!  :AFC:

Let's hope the team is up for this tonight.

They have to be otherwise they'll lose.  Falkirk are playing quite well just now and have nothing to lose, you can bet Pressley will have them well up for this.

Aberdeen

* 21 Howard

* 02 McArdle

* 05 Diamond

* 16 Ifil

* 42 Robertson

* 08 Hartley

* 11 Aluko

* 22 Jack

* 07 Maguire

* 09 Vernon

* 10 Mackie

Substitutes

* 01 Langfield,

* 14 Young,

* 18 Velicka,

* 19 Paton,

* 20 Magennis

Falkirk

* 01 Olejnik

* 02 Marr

* 04 McLean

* 05 Khalis

* 03 Twaddle

* 06 O'Brien

* 08 Millar

* 10 Flynn

* 07 Higginbotham

* 09 Finnigan

* 11 Stewart

Substitutes

* 17 Barclay,

* 14 Mitchell,

* 15 Duffy,

* 16 Alston,

* 12 Deuchar

Guest leith_red

Who's Robertson?

Clark Robertson - young lad that played in the St Mirren game on the last day of last season.  Plays left back/midfield. 

The Matalan Mourinho fucking beelin' on the radio just now.

LOLZ!!

You know, the karmic energy involved in getting a last gasp penalty against any team with that cunt amongst it could knock the earth off it's axis, fucking amazing stuff and I am thoroughly impressed and pleased that utter fuck stick is beelin'. Smiling here, a lot. ;D