Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Enough!

Thing is we are only 6 points off of 3rd spot. Doubt we will turn it around. I hope we can. As long as we are in touching distance there is always a chance. However if things go tits up next week we could go bottom although this does include St Mirren beating the huns in paisley.

It's sad to say but I think it's going to be nigh on impossible for him to turn it around. The hellish performances and even worse results have gone on for too long and it's just so hard to reverse that when there hasn't really been a period of matches we can point to and say "that's what we have to get back to". One or two good performances here and there, but nothing that was ever a solid base for us to work from.

I really hope I'm wrong but I just think it's too much of a tall order now for him to get it right, it's getting desperate and there's only one direction you go in when that's the case.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad to say but I think it's going to be nigh on impossible for him to turn it around. The hellish performances and even worse results have gone on for too long and it's just so hard to reverse that when there hasn't really been a period of matches we can point to and say "that's what we have to get back to". One or two good performances here and there, but nothing that was ever a solid base for us to work from.

I really hope I'm wrong but I just think it's too much of a tall order now for him to get it right, it's getting desperate and there's only one direction you go in when that's the case.

I think this pretty much sums my thoughts on it. Whilst I see your point FJ, as BB says, it's been going on for too long now and we have never had a decent run under McGhee. We are playing with relegation form at the moment and it really concerns me. I hope he can do something to turn it around, but I can't see it :(

I hate it when we sack managers mid season and I hope it doesn't happen to McGhee. We've been in similar situations before (even under Calderwood) and still ended the season on a high. He needs to survive until January and make an inspirational signing or two to give the fans some hope.

Posted on another AFC forum:

McGhee's league record

Played 48 games won 13 Win ratio 27% Drew 12 Lost 23 games

Steve Paterson's league record

Played 57 games won 18 games win ratio 32% drew 10 lost 29

Great.

McGhee's league record

Great.

Well that's brightened my day up :-\

That truly is a shocking stat! I'd be laughing if that was another club.

CtS, I don't disagree with your sentiment, but I truly wonder if MM is even capable of identifying what's wrong and even if he does, that he will address it appropriately. He seems to have lost the plot completely.

McGhee's league record

Great.

Go look me up on Wikipedia. I've got a track record

Which to me says: I know I'm making an utter cunt of it but I haven't always made a cunt of it at previous clubs. Add in the total fucking reluctance to accept any real responsibility for his numerous fuck ups and you have the mother of all twats managing AFC. I thought JC was quite stubborn with his deflection of criticism but he has nothing on McGhee.

McGhee's league record

Great.

I found this on the Aberdeen Football Forums equivalent of the Daily Sport:

I do however stand by what I have said previously, in that McGhee is undoubtedly a better Football Manager overall than Calderwood (don't argue, it's indisputable. Their respective CV's tell it all. MM is far from spectacular, but his record TROUNCES that of JC) and that whatever happens, sacking Calderwood was the RIGHT decision. The man had FIVE YEARS and achieved nothing more than 2 semi-finals (in which we suffered 4-goal defeats in both!) and Top 6 every year, in what is possibly the weakest Scottish league ever.

;D

He needs to survive until January and make an inspirational signing or two to give the fans some hope.

Two issues with that mate.

Firstly it will be post transfer window before Jesus rises from the dead, and secondly would he realyy want to be part of this shite ;)

What the fuck is that?

I believe that is what's commonly referred to as nonsense!

Sorry Mizer but fuck only knows what that graph shows.  The only stat that really shows the shiteness of this season is we've got less points this season than at the same stage last season. Unless I've jsut made that up, I'm not sure... :wave: