Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

St Mirren v Aberdeen

mizer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck sake what a fucking joke, cant believe i got out of my death bed to listen to that.

Mate text me saying Aluko, Diamond, howard and maguire all honking today.

Another goaless game from the golden boy...........lets get that cunt back out on the wing where he can do a job for us. Thats enough chances it simply doesnt work with him playing up front.

Another goaless game from the golden boy...........lets get that cunt back out on the wing where he can do a job for us. Thats enough chances it simply doesnt work with him playing up front.

Aye, 1 game without a goal. Why not save the bother of putting him out wide and just have him shot instead?  ::)

For a change I actually thought McGhee spoke quite well in his post-match interview. And I thought he said it was his fault because he chose to put Paton there, I'll maybe have to re-listen to it.

He did come across better than usual I'll give you that, still wondering if there was any need to single Paton out though, cant really be doing his confidence much good.

My take on the game, thought we started ok....I'll re-iterate ok, not as though we had any shots at goal, but didn't look like losing a goal, then Howard comes for a cross misses it, and free header into an empty net.

Second half start as if Dingus has had a real rant at half time and we get a free kick that never was, Hartley crosses, Bebo swings and misses it, leaving McArdle with opportunity to score with some class in the corner.

Instead of kicking on from there we start to give St Mirren more of the ball resulting in late late winner.

Was Paton at fault, maybe he could have done better, but without sounding like a broken record, the lack of natural full backs is more of an issue. Memo to Mr McGhee, you alone carry the can for that scenario.

Pass marks to Jack and particularily to Folly ( without doubt the best in a red shirt today ). The rest of the team varied from just about average to completely honking. Worrying to see how badly we are effected when Hartley has an off day and doesn't boss the middle of the park. Did we deserve to lose, probably no, and a draw would have been a fairer result. Blatant hand ball in their box waived on by the ref early doors, which if given could have totally changed the outcome of the game.

Highlight of the day, struggling to come up with one, so going to give it to the free beans I got with my steak "n" gravy pie bought on before kick off.

Going to be a long long season guys

Wasn't great but I've seen worse performances by Aberdeen. Should have had at least one penalty for handling in the box, possibly two. I thought Maguire and Mackie had good games, was surprised Maguire was taken off. First time I've seen Velicka and he looked awful, couldn't believe how slow he was.

Another goal conceded from a corner was worrying though, surely it can't be that hard to defend set pieces?

Not sure what to make of today. We played well in spells, but even then very few chances were created. I think its blatantly obvious that we suffer from lack of wide players; when Aluko has an off-day, we struggle big time there, although Paton put in a good shift when he came on.

Unfortunetly, St. Mirren looked a lot more effective than us when going forward, and that says a lot for our shambles of a defence - three big bastard centre-halves should mean that we're confident in the air, but our last eight goals conceded have come from headers. Go figure. Though they were individually poor, I was still embarassed by the treatment of Ifil and Howard.

All in all we probably deserved a point, but then if you don't create chances and concede stupid goals then you're going to lose matches. That's kinda how it works. Fucking football.