St Mirren v Aberdeen

mizer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Howard = jobby

End of message.

That's the 3rd game I've seen Howard play for us. He is a fucking liability and in no way is any better than Langfield and quite how anyone could say he is I find amazing, yes, I'm looking at you McGhee.

The match itself was a shocker, really bad even by SPL standards but even amongst this fucking dross emerged a stunner of a player. Jerel Ifil take a bow, even amongst such absolute shite you managed to stand out as an imposter of a player, truly impressive stuff. So much so I managed to become sympathetic mainly as the manager continues to ask players to play out of position out wide. It is a quite astounding state of affairs that a supposed top club has no full backs at all in it's first team squad and instead has to promote junior players who regularly play midfield. A state of affairs that really should mean the jotters for a supposed manager.

We then see Maguire shifted out for an utterly awful Velicka, total waste of a jersey especially when it looked like Maguire was beginning to make an impact, a thoroughly stupid substitution.

Hartley was off the pace by his standards today and Folly for me was about the best we could muster but that defence was a total bombscare, back post cross once again. Awesome stuff.

We are in trouble folks, and thats with players back from injury, I'm happy though, we have a manager with a record, I checked it on wikipedia . . . . 

Mark Howard = jobby

End of message.

Agreed,i know langfield has his moments aswell but he is far better than Howard,he'll proberly be back in goal for the trip to darkheed next wk...

Just listened to the RedTV interview with McGhee. No mention of Paton in that one, all about the players betraying him and the fans. Wish the RedTV boy had the balls to ask why Maguire was hooked when he was still full of running and 30 seconds earlier done the defender marking him and broke forwards.

Like him or not, the up-coming fixtures are going to be difficult, and I can seriously see McGhee getting sacked before Christmas.  I think he knows it as well listening to him, but the players have to take a long hard look at themselves.  Novembers a big month for the Dons and we must produce as we are starting to turn into a laughing stock again. 

If we were to beat Celtic then its showing us that the team only do show up for the big games and we will be told its the start of a run of form for the team, only to get gubbed the week after!! 

I'm praying things start tae change for the better.  Shouldnt really be too down as we have just come off the back of 2 wins but for some reason the St Mirren game seems to have put a lot of pressure on again.

I thought his comments after the game were fair enough.

As soon as the 2nd went in, I said to my son "that was Paton, not tracking back AGAIN" it was the 3rd time since he came on, that he hadn't tracked back and they got in down our right hand side.

McGhee qaulified it by saying that he was culpable in taking a risk by putting on Paton to try and win the game, knowing he shirks his defensive responsibilities. So it wasn't so much finger pointing, more letting Paton know of his errors. I thought Paton didn't look very fit to be honest but that's just me.

Someone else mentioned the treatment of Howard & Ifil and I also found it embarassing. ironic cheers for every catch Howard did make. who's side are these clowns on? yes he made yet another error, which was costly. but if the muppets that think the way to sort out a player low on confidence is to give them abuse like that then they're currently getting the results they deserve.

I wonder how many potential signings would be put off by playing in front of that kind of 'support'?

Ifil was shocking, no other word for it. BUT he's big no nonsense old fashioned centre half, and he's been asked to bomb forward downthe wing and get crosses in for our strikers. for that reason I had a little sympathy for him. and again the massive cheer when he was subbed was shameful. he's being put in a sh*tty position (pardon the pun) by his boss. it's the old fullback story which McGhee has to holds his hands up for.

positives?

my first look at Folly live and thought he looked very tidy, although if he has one failing it's that he's allergic to taking shots. a few times it rolled to him on the edge of the box and he stops it and tries to look for a pass.

also thought Jack came onto a good game, particularly 2nd half.

I thought his comments after the game were fair enough.

As soon as the 2nd went in, I said to my son "that was Paton, not tracking back AGAIN" it was the 3rd time since he came on, that he hadn't tracked back and they got in down our right hand side.

Is it just me or was Paton not with him all the way into the box, the boy cut across him so he had to slow otherwise he would have clipped him and given a penalty? Yes I think he shouldn't have let the guy get infront of him as he has good pace but he was tracking back. If we are blaming a striker for defensive frailties - there in lies the problem.

Someone else mentioned the treatment of Howard & Ifil and I also found it embarassing. ironic cheers for every catch Howard did make. who's side are these clowns on? yes he made yet another error, which was costly. but if the muppets that think the way to sort out a player low on confidence is to give them abuse like that then they're currently getting the results they deserve.

I wonder how many potential signings would be put off by playing in front of that kind of 'support'?

If he's that low in confidence then he shouldn't be picked to play when there's someone else parking his arse on the bench.

If he's that low in confidence then he shouldn't be picked to play when there's someone else parking his arse on the bench.

Agree. he shouldn't be picked, he's made 2 many costly errors.

but irrespective of whether you think he should be on the park or not, he was, and he was out there representing Aberdeen F.C. so the very least he should get is 90 minutes without being mocked by his own fans.

Is it just me or was Paton not with him all the way into the box, the boy cut across him so he had to slow otherwise he would have clipped him and given a penalty? Yes I think he shouldn't have let the guy get infront of him as he has good pace but he was tracking back. If we are blaming a striker for defensive frailties - there in lies the problem.

I'm not currently employed as a defensive coach so I may be speaking out of turn here, but chasing someone after they've got the ball and are closer to your own goal than you are isn't exactly my idea of tracking back!

I'm not currently employed as a defensive coach so I may be speaking out of turn here, but chasing someone after they've got the ball and are closer to your own goal than you are isn't exactly my idea of tracking back!

Well, in Paton's defence (no pun intended) thats exactly what he should be doing as there should be a full back infront of their player. If he'd been the other side of their player he would be neglecting his attacking role.

In short, McGhee set the team up wrong.

Just watched the highlights on the bbc website and im f***ed if i know how we lost that game,hard to tell if any of our penalty claims should of been given,and how the f**k did that boy score the winner fae where he was.......... ???

I personally don't think it's about showing up for the big games. I just think we do better in open games rather than having to break teams down like yesterday.

I agree FJ, most teams play defensively against us and we find it hard to break them down. Against both sides of the bigot brothers they tend to let us try to play.

Dont think breaking teams down is our problem, we are scoring more goals per game on average than we have done for the past 10 years. Our problem is defending - we simply cant deal with high balls into the box. Thats not a width problem, thats a zander diamond / jerel iffil being shit in the air problem.

Dont think breaking teams down is our problem, we are scoring more goals per game on average than we have done for the past 10 years. Our problem is defending - we simply cant deal with high balls into the box. Thats not a width problem, thats a zander diamond / jerel iffil being shit in the air problem.

It's a width problem when the balls are coming from wide areas and the guys we have out there aren't doing enough to stop the source.