Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Dons vs Inverness

Stewart

What would people do about the keeper situation tonight? Will he drop Langfield? Would it be wise to play a keeper who has admitted was in tears after Saturday's game? His confidence must be shot to pieces and knowing one mistake could potentially start another heavy defeat must add to that feeling.

But then, Howard's confidence can't be great either as he was dropped again on Saturday.

I'd go for Langfield. A good man manager would point out that he really can't be blamed a whole lot for the goals on sat. The only one I'd say was his fault was the foul on maloney and getting his hand to the subsequent pen, but not keeping it out. All the others he was left completely exposed by the defense.

The main thing for me is that zander should be no where near the squad. Let alone the starting 11. He was culpable for at least 5 of the goals. He doesn't deserve any more chances.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for Langfield. A good man manager would point out that he really can't be blamed a whole lot for the goals on sat. The only one I'd say was his fault was the foul on maloney and getting his hand to the subsequent pen, but not keeping it out. All the others he was left completely exposed by the defense.

The main thing for me is that zander should be no where near the squad. Let alone the starting 11. He was culpable for at least 5 of the goals. He doesn't deserve any more chances.

Is the right answer.

Langfield in tears, if true, may well imply something that is not immediately obvious about the majority of the rest of the team, ie he gives a fuck.

So it will be Howard then.

Aye, Langfield would be the right choice. As TF says, being in tears implies that he actually gives a fuck about the team which is nice to hear. Judging from the highlights, there wasn't much he could have done with many of the 9 goals. 3 of them being penalties, in my opinion, a professional footballer should never really be missing from 12 yards and only the goalkeeper to beat. It's luck if the keeper guesses the right way and is able to keep it out. The defence was non-existent and an utter shambles, Langfield could have done very little about the goals.

Howard was dropped for a reason. His uncertainty at high balls and his failure to command his area was directly at fault for losing us goals against Hibs, Falkirk and St Mirren. Langfield is the better keeper.

In/Oot: Oot.

Prematcher: doing stuff.

During game: staring into space wondering what's the fucking point.

Postmatcher: doing stuff then bed.

Prediction: whatever happens it will make me feel dirtier than certain gentleman's interest websites.

;D

Thank fuck I have parents' night and a high school induction to save me from that