Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Next Manager Poll

Kowalski
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Stark for me.

Done very little of note in club mangement imo.

Something that irks me is we could still have a lot to play for this season. Europe is by no means out the question, either via the Scottish Cup or league placings.  The tragedy is our season will continue to nosedive until the board grow a pair and sack McGhee.

Something that irks me is we could still have a lot to play for this season. Europe is by no means out the question, either via the Scottish Cup or league placings.  The tragedy is our season will continue to nosedive until the board grow a pair and sack McGhee.

/\ /\ /\

What he said!

We're in a bit of a catch 22 situation in my opinion. We're screwed if we sack him, but we'll be possibly even more screwed if we don't. Either way, the club needs an overhaul, but because of the years of mismanagement and apathy, we are no longer an attractive proposition. I struggle to see where any investment would come in.

Stark has a proven track record when working with youngsters which is something that is getting more and more important for aberdeen. Added to that his teams seem to want to play football plus he could still carry on in his role with Scotland if needs be which I'd imagine would reduce the need to pay compensation. Fair enough his club record isn't hugely impressive but he's a well respected coach and may just be hungry enough to have a crack at club management. Plus he knows how to play maguire...

Stark has a proven track record when working with youngsters which is something that is getting more and more important for aberdeen. Added to that his teams seem to want to play football plus he could still carry on in his role with Scotland if needs be which I'd imagine would reduce the need to pay compensation. Fair enough his club record isn't hugely impressive but he's a well respected coach and may just be hungry enough to have a crack at club management. Plus he knows how to play maguire...

Proven track record with youngsters... so why not appoint our own Neil Cooper as manager?

If he's manager of Aberdeen FC then I don't believe he could carry on his Scotland position, only have to look at the Alex Miller fiasco for confirmation of that.

Stark has very limited experience of managing in the SPL, St Johnstone were relegated under his management.

The Aberdeen job would require 100% of his time, carrying on with Scotland U-21 is a no go imo.

There are plenty managers out there who have a track record with young players.

Knowing how to play Maguire isn't really a reason either is it???  It would be a very very small bonus given he's worked with Maguire before but wouldn't be a reason to shortlist him.

I don't recall any of Stark's previous clubs playing particulary attractive football (which I think you were alluding to in your post).

I rate what Derek Adams has done at County but I'm surprised he is well out in front in the poll so far.  Although, not as far as we know, a raging alcoholic I'd be worried about employing another guy with no SPL record.  Also not sure about his record about bringing kids through at County, maybe someone can fill me in.  I know George Adams is there but the Conty sides of recent times seem to have been full of SPL and 1st Div cast offs.

Gary millar, scotty boyd and micheal gardyne are  all young players that have come on really well under derek. My county contact says the average age of the squad is about 24 and everything that has been done under his reign has been thinking 6-12-18 months down the line. My pal is pretty worried, he reckons derek is exactly what we need and we would be fools to not at least try to speak to him

Did okay at Queens Park leading them to promotion, was in charge when they beat some premier team in the league cup and laid the foundations following season that kept them up. Has done well with the U21s and seems to get the best from the young players. We need someone who will can do that if we are to move forward.

Stark has very limited experience of managing in the SPL, St Johnstone were relegated under his management.

The Aberdeen job would require 100% of his time, carrying on with Scotland U-21 is a no go imo.

There are plenty managers out there who have a track record with young players.

Knowing how to play Maguire isn't really a reason either is it???  It would be a very very small bonus given he's worked with Maguire before but wouldn't be a reason to shortlist him.

I don't recall any of Stark's previous clubs playing particulary attractive football (which I think you were alluding to in your post).

The maguire comment was tongue in cheek, although the sentiment stands we need someone who can let young players flourish and I'd say Stark has the under 21s playing attractive football.

Gary millar, scotty boyd and micheal gardyne are  all young players that have come on really well under derek. My county contact says the average age of the squad is about 24 and everything that has been done under his reign has been thinking 6-12-18 months down the line. My pal is pretty worried, he reckons derek is exactly what we need and we would be fools to not at least try to speak to him

Adams would be a good shout too but i fear Ross county would hold out for a fair bit of compensation.  higher compensation = less than fuck all funds for the new manager to use.

Did okay at Queens Park leading them to promotion, was in charge when they beat some premier team in the league cup and laid the foundations following season that kept them up. Has done well with the U21s and seems to get the best from the young players. We need someone who will can do that if we are to move forward.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

See LS has jumped on the Jocky Scott bandwagen o'er on the inferior site

I'm not going to rubber neck and cast a glance at a pathetic wee cunt in a such a horribly conflicted state.

But LS, your destiny is almost upon you, ya fucking fanny. Maybe he and McGhee can collaborate on McGhee's next entry on Wikipedia . . . . . .