Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

McGhee remains . . . .

only a win v inverness will save him i think,the thing is win on tues it just buys him some time cause we will lose at ibrox so we must win all the other ganes v lesser teams this month

only a win v inverness will save him i think,the thing is win on tues it just buys him some time cause we will lose at ibrox so we must win all the other ganes v lesser teams this month

In the real world, short of winning at least 75% of the remaining games this season, including victory in Co-op Cup final nothing is going to save Dingus........then again I'm not a member our ambitious board of directors

In the real world, short of winning at least 75% of the remaining games this season, including victory in Co-op Cup final nothing is going to save Dingus........then again I'm not a member our ambitious board of directors

There is no way back. It should be over but isn't.

It seems this kind of performance is going to be an accepted part of our future.

If that is the case it is a future I cannot and will not buy into.

I thought "ok, maybe, just maybe the board give him this game and sound out Jocky Scott (for talk's sake) so he's prepared to come in and take us on Saturday", but then I thought "Nah, no chance they'd have thought of that" and also, why not just promote Neil Cooper to first team affairs? 

he's been at the club for donkeys years and every manager speaks highly of him, so why not? Even just on an interim basis?

I thought "ok, maybe, just maybe the board give him this game and sound out Jocky Scott (for talk's sake) so he's prepared to come in and take us on Saturday", but then I thought "Nah, no chance they'd have thought of that" and also, why not just promote Neil Cooper to first team affairs? 

he's been at the club for donkeys years and every manager speaks highly of him, so why not? Even just on an interim basis?

Hear what you're saying Bobby, but not been there, seen it, done it etc........

Why not combine the two ?

Jocky to front the job, Cooper in the background learning the ropes, ready to take over all command next season, season after ?

Jocky Scott with Paul Hartley learning the ropes? Player-assistant or player coach?

Another issue with the ongoing farce surrounding McGhee - do we really want any potential manager to be faced with a hiding at Ibrox in his first game? Given it's more than likely we'll get battered, can McGhee be allowed to see out that game, in the manner of JC and the Hibs game?

Hear what you're saying Bobby, but not been there, seen it, done it etc........

Why not combine the two ?

Jocky to front the job, Cooper in the background learning the ropes, ready to take over all command next season, season after ?

Yeah, sorry didn't mean that he should get it on a sole basis, unless it was just one or two games.

I suppose though with the age Neil is now he prob doesn't want the job and is happy being in the background working with the youths.

Jocky Scott with Paul Hartley learning the ropes? Player-assistant or player coach?

Another issue with the ongoing farce surrounding McGhee - do we really want any potential manager to be faced with a hiding at Ibrox in his first game? Given it's more than likely we'll get battered, can McGhee be allowed to see out that game, in the manner of JC and the Hibs game?

That's a good point I think, waiting until after the Huns game gives the board time to identify a replacement and gives the new management team an easier start.

Hate to piss on your chips but the game after that we lost 2-0 to Stenhousemuir.

ah the famous Tommy Steel game >:(

Was a major embarassment at the time, little did we know the number of them still to come, each one of which would trump the previous

ah the famous Tommy Steel game >:(

Was a major embarassment at the time, little did we know the number of them still to come, each one of which would trump the previous

I really thought Aitken stabbed Willie in the back at that time and when we lost at Stenny I was sure he'd get binned. He should have, but didn't. An absolute cretin of a man.

I hated Aitken. Almost as bad as A. Miller for me!

Same here. Absolute fucking dick of a man.

Scott Booth: "I'd like to play in Europe"

AItken: "hahaha! who in Europe would want to sign you?"

Two days later Scott Booth signs for the European Champions.  Roy Aitken - a student of the game, clearly.