Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Board Hoped McGhee Would Resign - Scott Davie in the Scotsman

BobbyBiscuit

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What money was spent on strikers - we are paying for Magennis and Vernon - thats two players to replace miller and mclean!

McLean was Millers replacement though, so what you're saying is we replaced one striker with a loan for six months then bought two to replace the loan. Some might say that is the type of logic that would get a manager sacked.

Some would say that we were thin on the ground on strikers.

Some might say that 2 goals (none from stikers) in three games is fucking woefull

Then again some on here tried to convince me Maguire was a strker!

You're the only thing I'm finding even more boring than the whole "will mcghee get sacked" situation.

The 9-0 loss is really a reality check for anyone who were still confident of McGhee's ability as a manager to stop the rot and turn this club and results around. Not only this result but the results throughout his tenure has been nothing short of awful and his continued presence as manager of Aberdeen FC is surely coming to an end? He came in having been hailed as a messiah by a vocal part of Aberdeen FC's support that would win trophies and reguarly challenge for Europe, all whilst playing attractive, attacking football. The reality is that this couldn't have been further away from the truth. Lower league cup exits in two cups last season and a poor season in the league ended with the Dons finishing their campaign lucky to have not been dragged into a relegation battle and in a dismal 9th place. The summer was vital for McGhee and the team and in Paul Hartely, McGhee had found a proper captain. Add to that, Folly, Vujadinovic, McCardle and Vernon and the team seemed to be in a far better position than last time around.

However an absolute crazy piece of business undermined all his good work. To let your only recognised full-back go out on loan to bring in a injured and injury prone striker who hadn't player for over a year was ridiculous. It seriously hampered the team and until recently we had 4 centre backs as the defence (+ one being Ifil who is without a doubt the worst footballer I have ever seen). Not only that, the constant rotating of the goalkeepers has not helped one bit. His media skills are poor, he doesn't seem able to motivate the players, he doesn't seem to have the respect of the players and the results have been nothing short of awful.

I believe McGhee's time is up at Aberdeen FC. It hasn't worked out Mark, just move on.

My idiocy has me splitting things over two threads now.

While I agree Mcghee should have quit after being thrashed, the Scotsman article (in the paper, dunno about online) also mentions the cost of removing mm, sl and cm would be well over 400k.

Milne would not take that financial hit I don't believe. I shudder to think what effect it would have on the team for him to recoup his loss from the club's budget.

What is the alternative? persist with a lame duck manager? Unfortunately yes. For the same reason we, as fans, have to put up with Milne in charge of the club. Milne won't do the right thing - pay back the money he ran up as debt and fuck off. Mcghee won't do the right thing - quit and waive the pay off so the club can move forwards.

That's how it is. And it breaks my fucking heart.

Ok. I've been thinking more on this while soaping up my testicles in the shower.

Assuming I'm right and the 400k+ comes out of the next manager's budget, that means when zander, aluko and maybe maguire all leave in the summer, it's very unlikely all the wages would be used to strengthen the squad.

If on the other hand we let Mcghee see out the season, then surely we can sack him for nothing. I've heard people say his rolling contract means he ALWAYS has a year's worth of compensation due at any time we sack him. Is that honestly true? If so, why call it a 2 year rolling contract at all? It's just a rolling contract. My understanding was that a 2 year rolling contract means a contract for 2 years that is automatically renewed, unless one or other party wants to cancel the contract after 2 years.

IF that's true, we can save 400k, use all the wages of outgoing players to strengthen - a new centre back, left mid and full back. We bring in a new guy who does NOT swap our only available players for certain positions...and, perhaps we actually have a real fucking team!

That means gambling we won't get relegated this year with Mcghee. A BIG fucking gamble based on the evidence, but I think unless Milne writes off the 400k, by sacking Mcghee we'd only be avoiding another potential nightmare, just to run straight into another CERTAIN nightmare.

And yes I've said I think heads should roll. But most of the heads that most deserve to be on a spike at the top of union street are basically untouchable.

We shouldn't pay Mark McGhee or his assistants a fecking penny. If we don't get a result tomorrow, and he doesn't do the decent thing and resign, he'll surely be hounded out of the club by furious supporters?  I'd be happy for the club to stand their ground but things could get very ugly and embarrassing for MM.  If he has an ounce of pride he'll go without collecting the obligatory bumper pay cheque.

Maybe then we'll be able to welcome him back when the Gothenburg 30/40/50 year celebration dinners are being held.  Otherwise he can fuck off and never come back.

Worst result sure but it could have been 2-2 at one point

And we were down to 10 men when half the goals went in.

So its not all doom and gloom remember it could have been 10  ;D

I blame Stewart Milne for being a tight fisted c***

Saying that it is time for McGhee to go but will it get any better with no funds

I was one of those who was still supporting McGhee, ...

A post of mine from 17 October 2010....

McGhee was handed a poisoned chalice when he took over, quality players already gone, several players who showed they couldn't give a feck for the club, drastically reduced budget to his predecessor.

Now he has had time to sign his own players, Hartley, Vernon, McArdle and Folly seem to be good acquisitions; albeit he is still left with a few on JC contracts, i.e. Diamond (who seems to go backwards every season), and some duds he signed too.

As extensively documented here, and elsewhere, the balance of our paper-thin squad was so wrong even before the extensive injuries we have had. Swapping Foster for Velicka is un-justifiable. Many of McGhee's tactics/formations have been baffling, media interviews delusional, contradictory and derogatory to specific players (which I slated JC for, and hate any manager to do)

However, to summarise, I think we have to give McGhee more time. As I've highlighted above, I agree re any manager having the constraints from Milne, and Miller.

After Saturday, I can no longer defend him. The result was horrendous enough, but add to this his post-match interview re it's only 3 points (and no apology) was the final straw for me.

McGhee please resign. Sadly it hasn't worked out for you as our manager, but retain some dignity and please just go.