To sack or not to sack?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting to hear, on Sportsound last night, some fucking nugget from the Trust claiming that 66% of Trust members he had canvassed (n=???) wanted McGhee to stay.  He then proceeded to spend alot of time defending him and to a degree Wiggy.  I think incredulous would be a good way to describe Traynor's response.

So I'd thought we could have our own poll.

No need to explain yourself. Straight Yes or No.

Sack now or not?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for sack now, I could hardly say anything else.

Now, here's the problem. Could McGhee do better with the money the board would find doon the back of the padded seats to pay him off? Yes, I don't doubt he would. Will that happen? Will it fuck. Didn't happen with JC, won't happen here. So we're doon well over a mill and 2 managers and in the Barry White again.

Yes, after Saturday there should be no McGhee, but he should grow a pair and realise the enormity of the calamity he has created and simply resign. Again, after hearing his press conference yesterday at his "comfort" in the job, I suspect he is just a cunt and will never do such a thing, as is his right but certainly he remains a cunt for doing so.

Sack now. Not just for Saturday which would be reason enough but for only winning 17 out 57 matches and assembling a squad without any full backs.

For Stoney signing centre halfs and playing them at full back does not count as signing full backs.

Can someone clarify employment law for me.

If someone is doing a demonstrably terrible job. Is failing to do what is demanded of them in their job description and bringing the company into disripute cannot he not just get sacked, no compensation, just pack your things and get the fuck out? 

If a teacher, doctor, engineeer, bin man or McDonald worker is shit at their job I'm pretty sure they don't get any compensation. Why not football managers?

If someone is doing a demonstrably terrible job. Is failing to do what is demanded of them in their job description and bringing the company into disripute cannot he not just get sacked, no compensation, just pack your things and get the fuck out? 

If a teacher, doctor, engineeer, bin man or McDonald worker is shit at their job I'm pretty sure they don't get any compensation. Why not football managers?

Due to its lack of precedence in football I imagine that this is a non-starter. Could also put off any potential replacements.

If someone is doing a demonstratably terrible job. Is failing to do what is demanded of them in their job description and brining the company into disripute cannot he not just get sacked, no compensation, just pack your things and get the fuck out?  If a teacher, doctor, engineeer, bin man or McDonald worker is shit at their job I'm pretty sure they don't get any compensation.

Signing players unfit for purpose, "assembling" such a brutally unbalanced team, poor tactics and preparation and a succession of fucking horrible results in such a short tenure must form some kind of case?!?!?

Sack now. there's no way back. I saw a stat earlier that said in 25% of his matches, we have shipped 3 goals or more. Regardless of the 9-0, that is a monumentally horrendous stat for any manager and can not be ignored by anyone, least of all our board of mis-directors.

I'm really sorry it has come to this, another club legend getting bulletted out on his arse but if we continue with him we're heading down. Individually he has made some good signings, but it seems he can not get them to play as a unit and I wish he'd do the decent thing  and stand aside, it would save a lot of pain and a lot of sniping at a guy who I honestly thought had more intelligence and respect for the club and chiefly it's supporters than he is currently showing.

You have to give warnings, both written and verbal and put a plan in place for that person to improve, usually giving them x amount of time to do so.

It'd be quicker and cheaper to sack him and pay the compo!

Plus add in that in a normal job you don't sign up for a set term!

You have to give warnings, both written and verbal and put a plan in place for that person to improve, usually giving them x amount of time to do so.

It'd be quicker and cheaper to sack him and pay the compo!

Plus add in that in a normal job you don't sign up for a set term!

Very possible that's been done (way too late) in the aftermath of the humiliation.

Sack now.

His position has been untenable after Saturday and 17 victories in 57 games is a awful record, worse than Ebbe and Paterson who both had a win percentage of 33%. The squad is horribly unbalanced, his media interviews are delusional, HIS team plays shite football, he has lost the respect of the fans and after a 9-0 defeat, there is really no way back for McGhee in my opinion.

I'm no expert but I need to know a little for the business. In my experience you can pretty much sack anyone, as long as your contract and policies set out what is acceptable behaviour and what is not. However, I employ folk at just above the minimum wage who don't have agents and hence expensive lawyers to go through my contracts and ask to have clauses removed before they sign them. So in effect I can bring someone in for poor or unacceptable performance give verbal warnings followed by written warning, followed by the dunt.  You have to be ruthless from the beginning though and make everything official following guidelines set out by ACAS.

If what is being suggested about Leitch is true I would hope the club dealt with it appropriately the first time through proper disciplinary procedures culminating in a written warning (which would allow the club to dismiss regardless of time-scales set out for how long it remains on file as it is a second offence of the same nature) as this is the minimum I would expect for bullying.

If McGhee wants to walk with him, I suppose he could then slap in a ET1 for constructive dismissal but it would be a very hard case to prove, as long as Leitch has been properly dealt with.

Then again it's a football club and as much as they want us to believe they exist in the real world, they don't.

Sack now.

His position has been untenable after Saturday and 17 victories in 57 games is a awful record, worse than Ebbe and Paterson who both had a win percentage of 33%. The squad is horribly unbalanced, his media interviews are delusional, HIS team plays shite football, he has lost the respect of the fans and after a 9-0 defeat, there is really no way back for McGhee in my opinion.

How much money did the two managers mentioned have to improve the squad?

You are compairing mcghee to two managers who were given a good bit of financial backing by the club, granted pele didnt have that much money but he was given some money to work with.

Mcghee has had to go with free transfers.

And seems to have signed some decent players. And still made a complete cunt of it.

Unless you are suggesting we should be giving him plenty of money to spend and therefore keep McGhee? Or that it was his lack of funds that led to the pretty shoddily balanced squad we have? Or it was a lack of funds that meant he couldn't muster a team worthy of the name to face Celtic?

You're funny.

And seems to have signed some decent players. And still made a complete cunt of it.

Unless you are suggesting we should be giving him plenty of money to spend and therefore keep McGhee? Or that it was his lack of funds that led to the pretty shoddily balanced squad we have? Or it was a lack of funds that meant he couldn't muster a team worthy of the name to face Celtic?

You're funny.

Yup and imagine what sort of players he could have taken in if given some money to play with, could have even signed that left back he was after - what a differance that would have made.

Not suggesting that at all - have stated on more than one occasion that i didnt beleive mcghee was the man to take us forward but at the very least i thought they would have gave him the Lee Miller money to play with.

Again im not sure what else he could have done with allowance he was given, he was screaming out to sign the guy basey.