Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

To sack or not to sack?

glasgow sheep
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, he signed McArdle, Vuja, Ifil and Howard.

Mcardle is a decent player, doing a decent job, more than Adequate replacement for the players that left. Vujadonivic is a left sided defender who replaced Mulgrew - dont see much problems there. Ifil looked like a decent buy after his trial at hull - dont think i heard anyone complaining then and howard is a back up for langfield bought to replace neilson.

Cant see much problems there, Next

Mcardle is a decent player, doing a decent job, more than Adequate replacement for the players that left. Vujadonivic is a left sided defender who replaced Mulgrew - dont see much problems there. Ifil looked like a decent buy after his trial at hull - dont think i heard anyone complaining then and howard is a back up for langfield bought to replace neilson.

Because he had an outstanding game against hull?  :thumbsup:

Is that it? In that case we should be in smashing shape if you're . . . oh that's right. We are not.

Vujadonivic is a centre half.

If he signed him on the back of one mediocre performance in a testimonial he is an even bigger clown than I thought.

Hopefully we pick these lads up. Match report seems to indicate Ifill solidifying the defence.

Restores a wee bit of confidence hopefully, Al. Especially with a clean sheet against a Premiership side (in name anyway  ;) ).  Hopefully McGhee likes the look of the centre half in particular and we can look forward to next Saturday with mere trepidation, rather than dread  ;)

Jerel always looked good he was someone I mentioned at some point in the past. Ricketts wasn't he the Arsenal trainee who decided that he was not going to get a chance because of the players they had in front of him and got himself a deal at spurs I think doing the negotiations himself. Been at wolves too? If I remember right Rocastle was being talked up a few years ago wasn't he? Maybe just lost his way?? Have to say I'd be pleased with these if they came off step in the right direction anyway.

Ifil looked very good. Get him signed, now.

Towered above the rest of them  :thumbsup:

But no, really, get him signed!

Goes to show you cant always judge a game on radio coverage

The first 20mins we had what I was fearing to be the usual suicidal defending - Duff doesnt seem to understand when a keeper shouts leave it, you fucking leave it as opposed to hitting it with pace back towards his on rushing feet so he has to dig the fucking thing out at the last second. Then suddenly the defenders clicked and this boy Ifil was leading the show.

Was only on for a few minutes but almost scored! Ball came over perfectly set up for a volley but he didnt get the greatest connection and it was cleared. Not sure if it was going on target. He looked gutted that he didnt score it.

I hope that the rumours of us going for ifil, Rocastle and Ricketts are true. I would also go for the other central defender if he was cheao as backup to Diamond & Ifil.

The right winger didnt get much time on the pitch but looked alrite. McGhee must have already made up his mind on him to give him so litle time.

Fair to say that there will be a collective sigh of relief across all Dons boards. This guy sounds like exactly the sort of player we are looking for (within reasonable expectations of course!) and we will all be feeling a lot more confident just by adding some bodies into the defence prior to Saturday.

So since? I don't understand what point it is you're making, are you telling me he's a good player or something? Are you telling me he's a right back? Are you telling me he's continued the form of one game into his career at AFC? Are you telling me he should be playing every week for AFC?

Let's just leave it as a bad signing, it happens.

Whats your point caller? I don't think anyone argued that they weren't impressed by Ifil against Hull during the summer about 2 seasons ago. However, from that one decent outing in a pre-season friendly against Hull to the performances we have had from him since, he is fucking abysmal.

I would have hoped McGhee would have seen more of him rather than one outing against Hull and if he didn't and he signed him on that performance and that performance alone then he is rightly a clown. Yes by all accounts he was good enough against Hull yet surely as manager of a football club, you surely have to see more of a player than one performance?

Whats your point caller? I don't think anyone argued that they weren't impressed by Ifil against Hull during the summer about 2 seasons ago. However, from that one decent outing in a pre-season friendly against Hull to the performances we have had from him since, he is fucking abysmal.

I would have hoped McGhee would have seen more of him rather than one outing against Hull and if he didn't and he signed him on that performance and that performance alone then he is rightly a clown. Yes by all accounts he was good enough against Hull yet surely as manager of a football club, you surely have to see more of a player than one performance?

That was my only point, surely mcghee cant be blamed for Ifil turning out to be shite, he trained well with us for a week, he was a regular at swindon, whos fans loved him and he had a blinding trial for us.

His first few games he was ok for us. Was just pointing out that although the player has turned out to be shite, that cant be blamed on Mcghee.

So since? I don't understand what point it is you're making, are you telling me he's a good player or something? Are you telling me he's a right back? Are you telling me he's continued the form of one game into his career at AFC? Are you telling me he should be playing every week for AFC?

Let's just leave it as a bad signing, it happens.

Im just pointing out that it is a player a lot of the fans wanted at the club, i didnt make any mention of how good a player he was i was making the point that Mcghee wasnt to know how the player would have turned out.

Then i went on to respond to jutes comment. I dont see the problem!

That was my only point, surely mcghee cant be blamed for Ifil turning out to be shite, he trained well with us for a week, he was a regular at swindon, whos fans loved him and he had a blinding trial for us.

His first few games he was ok for us. Was just pointing out that although the player has turned out to be shite, that cant be blamed on Mcghee.

If you continue to play him and not only that, play him as a right back you most certainly can.

Yes he can be. I don't quite understand why it can't be blamed on McGhee? He signed him as a centre back and as a centre back, he is fucking atrocious. McGhee's signing and he continues to be a first team regular at AFC so yes that can be blamed on McGhee.

Im just pointing out that it is a player a lot of the fans wanted at the club, i didnt make any mention of how good a player he was i was making the point that Mcghee wasnt to know how the player would have turned out.

Then i went on to respond to jutes comment. I dont see the problem!

You also say he couldn't be held accountable, he picks him and continues to do so. So he can. He himself said to judge him when he has assembled his team after 3 or 4 windows. Again, so he can be held accountable.

Managers of any sort make bad signings, this has been one. What you don't do is make a mistake a disaster which is what McGhee seems to have done.

He also continues to Pick Langfield and Diamond, we are stuck with these players, and our squad is so threadbare we HAVE to play these guys. Like i said in my original post, if he was allowed to sign basey i dont think we would have seen ifil this season.

Stoney,

Who signed Nelson? Why? How often did he play? Who then gave him away at the end of his contract?

McGhee couldn't win a game if he had the entire Spain squad to choose from, he'd still make a cunt of it. He HAS to go!

He didnt play, he was a back up - who was replaced by the equally talented Howard  :thumbsup: